Thoughts on the Page of Cups

Mystic Zyl

The page has come up in many readings with women that are expecting a child.....yep it is the baby card! It also is a card for Pisces, the card for new beginnings and dreams.

Majecot

hmmm something for you to think about moggy

Pages are messengers....and the water represent emotions (I believe the ripples are the pages shadows on the water)
the fish are symbols of knowledge gained from feelings... definatley an emotional card. Can be a change of heart your experiencing. New love.
But in my experience the page of cups is usually bringing baby news. How many times has this card came up in your readings??
;)

moggy

The baby card, ah that's interesting. Hmm, that gives me some thing to think about altho its a distant possibility at this point..LOL

Majecot, it was the defining card in a reading I had done, and its come up 1-2 times in my daily draws over the past weeks..

Interesting thoughts, thanks everyone!

moggy

Hey all - a new piece of the puzzle has fallen into place w/ regards to this card and my reading and I thought I'd share.

I believe the Page of Cups that came up in my reading a few months ago is this new guy that entered my life... the funny thing is that he's VERY psychic and intuitive. So I would believe now that the Page of Cups foretold a new romance, one w/ a very intuitive man. Interesting, right?

Little Baron

Thats great Moggy! I am using the page tonight as well; usually I pick cards randomly but tonight I picked the page on purpose, in the hope that he may bring good communications for me in some areas of my life. Does anybody else conciously do that?

Best wishes to you all.

The page is my favourite in the deck; as I have said before, I see him as my guide. I usually use the RW with the blue and gold box but it is the page from the universal that I seem to get on with better.

Yaboot

Little Baron

The page pulled through.

I set his picture up last night next to my bed; I had scanned it in before and printed it out a4 size. This morning, his picture stood nearby as I did my work. Around midday, the communication I had been hoping would come at some point finally came and the news was good. Thanks page of cups!

Best wishes to you all

Yaboot

paradoxx

psychology and sex

This is a more mature interpretation but i think it applies.

Remeber that WAite was a psychologist, so the little details show a great deal.

Look at the pages belt, the buckle is on the left side of his tunic. This is a psychological symbol of desire (especially in sex, but thats not a big deal)

I read that one who displays something with the belt or similar garb here wants to be the dominant partner.

no offense intended to anyone, but were all mature here.

gloria

Hi Yaboot - what a great idea!
Never thought of this before - shall definitely be giving it a try. Thanks.
And glad to hear your 'page' came through for you!

WalesWoman

Paradoxx,
Do you think that is why men's and women's clothes fasten opposite of each other? I just thought it was some doofus fashion thing and never thought of it as sexist thing, like males domination/desire and female submissive/???? Like females aren't supposed to have any? I guess when they were first coming up with this women weren't allowed to do much of anything besides submit and be chattel.

paradoxx

Now that you mention it, that does seem like a very logical explanation of how that fashion design came about. This general observation of wardrobe explains the Emporer and the Kings and how they present themselves.

It also explains the odd facination with Hawaiian shirts. personally, i would not wear a floral pattern. Palm trees maybe, but i go for geometric designs, animals, dragons, and more fluid patterns. Just not flowers, but thats just me.

And then there's that fish. I am reminded of Cat in the hat with the fish in the teapot, the fish wil grant your wish, be it for a little or for a lot.

Make your wishes carefully, how they are answered may be more vauge than the answer.