Book of Thoth study group?

Aeon418

Moonbow* said:
Do we need the book, to join in?
Well I suppose it would be a distinct advantage to actually have the book. Then you would be able see what everyone else is talking about. But lack of the book doesn't mean you can't join in. :)

I've had a quick look around for an online version of the book, but every single link seems to be broken.

Aeon418

Netzach said:
I've had it for several years and have never even opened it!
Shocking!! Absolutely shocking... lol :D

fyreflye

Aeon418 said:
Well I suppose it would be a distinct advantage to actually have the book. Then you would be able see what everyone else is talking about. But lack of the book doesn't mean you can't join in. :)

I've had a quick look around for an online version of the book, but every single link seems to be broken.

http://altreligion.about.com/library/texts/bl_thoth.htm

Moonbow

Moonbow* said:
Silly question... :)

Do we need the book, to join in? I used to have a link for the book online but it doesn't work anymore. (unless people know of another link).

This is the whole of what I said about the book.

I found that all the links were broken too unfortunately.

rachelcat

I'd like to join in.

I avoided it for years, thinking it would be just as annoying and uninformative as a certain other seminal deck creator's book [o.k., read Key to the Tarot here], but when I got into it, I found it full of insights and even inspiring. (All men and women are stars!)

I did read DuQuette's book first. I'm not ashamed of training wheels!

So sign me up!

Moonbow

Thanks fyreflye :)

Aeon418

We seem to have a few takers, so how would everyone like to proceed?

The Book of Thoth isn't divided into chapters, so maybe by deciding to study and discuss a certain number of pages or sections, we could work through it that way?

I'm open to any and all suggestions. :)

Alta

When you decide, I will open an index of threads in a Sticky for the group.