Book of Thoth study group?

Ventrue

so yeah....someone start us a thread, i've been studying and googling and wikipedia'ing section 1 and i have half of a grasp of it except for a few paragraphs.

Ven

Lillie

Study it?
Does that mean reading it?

I just wrap it in a blanket and tuck it into bed with me at night.
I absorb it's wisdom by osmosis.

Lillith0315

Ohhhhhh, Oh! I'm in. :)

ravenest

Hi guys, I'm in. might take me a little while to catch up, I just got out of hospital ... urk.

(Hint, if you ever get kidney stones, which are EXTREMELY PAINFUL, and you are booked in for nasty surgery [I won't go into the horrible details of how they get them out - it involves a long hook with a basket] dont do it! The lovely little asian doctor gave me some secret advise; drink 6 cans icy coke each 20 mins wait 1 hr drink 1 can liquified asparagus. It worked!
and I escaped) but of course this has nothing to with Tarot - sorry.

Aeon418

ravenest said:
(Hint, if you ever get kidney stones, which are EXTREMELY PAINFUL, and you are booked in for nasty surgery [I won't go into the horrible details of how they get them out - it involves a long hook with a basket] dont do it!
Yikes!! That almost sounds as painful as the BoT Study thread. Almost... :D LOL

Aeon418

Is anyone ready start the next thread, Part 1 Section 2 ?

Alta

I'd say go ahead and start it. After all, the threads stay open.

czarner

working pdf download

Sorry for resuscitating a dead thread, but after a quite a bit of time looking about I've just come across a working link to a download of the Book of Thoth in .pdf format.

http://www.thothweb.com/sections-viewarticle-2.html

You need to register first, but it's free.

czarner

Em, does anyone know if this is complete or not, and if not, what's missing? It's 130 pages long + tho I haven't looked at it (and haven't had it with me) in a few years, I suspect that my softback copy of the book was longer than that.