New Froud Oracle!!!!

Baroli

Gheese, where have I been??? I feel like I almost missed out on the deal of the century. I just ordered this, based on the pics that were posted on this thread. In the background, I hear the faeries laughing at me saying I am too busy doing things of little import and so they put a cloud over my eyes, so I wouldn't see much. Silly faeries. :laugh: :laugh: I love 'em too :D

Llynn

My deck arrived today from Amazon.uk - perfect condition outside and inside - except that the deck is warped. The first half bends in a lazy C shape (but not as pronounced as a C) and the other half is a mirror image. The only way to get the two to make one is to reverse one half!
I'm leaving the deck open in the room and hoping that they will settle in and start to straighten up. It may be wishful thinking but they look less curved after eight hours out of the box.
Apart from that the deck is beautiful. And it turns out that the cutting of a Greenman that I have kept for many years (as my ideal Greenman) is the one from this deck!

BodhiSeed

Amazon sent my replacement set (and picked up the damaged one via UPS) - whoo hoo! Everything is perfect in this one!:D I've been looking through them with my daughter (who has been sick with the flu). She was thrilled to see "Tink" in this collection. Can't wait to spend more time with these faeries when things settle down...

Aerin

I'm STILL waiting for my replacement deck - postman did come today but husband was out so I have a card. I think that they leave all the parcels and just deliver them on a Tuesday, that's what it looks like...

Or it could be that they just left a card and didn't bother with the delivery, that happens.

stargazer

faunabay said:
You know I don't think they come with shrinkwrap. Now that I think about it when i was in Borders yesterday I saw they had some in their case and the ones they had there weren't shrinkwrapped either.

I hadn't really thought about this. But it is very strange that none of them are shrinkwrapped! hmmmm.... Maybe the faeries just demanded they wanted to beable to breath!!! :D

I think that the faeries would hate to have been shrinkwrapped anyway ~ all that plasticy nastiness! Much nicer with the paper band around ~ much more faerie :D

faunabay

Llynn said:
My deck arrived today from Amazon.uk - perfect condition outside and inside - except that the deck is warped. The first half bends in a lazy C shape (but not as pronounced as a C) and the other half is a mirror image. The only way to get the two to make one is to reverse one half!
I'm leaving the deck open in the room and hoping that they will settle in and start to straighten up. It may be wishful thinking but they look less curved after eight hours out of the box.
Apart from that the deck is beautiful. And it turns out that the cutting of a Greenman that I have kept for many years (as my ideal Greenman) is the one from this deck!
Llynn, my deck looked exactly like that too. The C and mirror image C. I wondered it I'd have any problems with it. But.....just shuffle them together a few times and they all even out. I can't even tell I had a problem now!!!

Llynn

faunaboy, you are right.

faunaboy said:
my deck looked exactly like that too. The C and mirror image C. I wondered it I'd have any problems with it. But.....just shuffle them together a few times and they all even out. I can't even tell I had a problem now!!!
I left them out overnight, and then this morning shuffled them several times and they are looking much, much better. Some more TLC and we should be ready to get to know one another!

Aerin

Aerin said:
I'm STILL waiting for my replacement deck - postman did come today but husband was out so I have a card. I think that they leave all the parcels and just deliver them on a Tuesday, that's what it looks like...

Or it could be that they just left a card and didn't bother with the delivery, that happens.

OK, picked it up today. So:

Outer box torn 1 inch or so along one edge
Inner box torn slightly (not as badly as the first was)
FLAT CARDS!!!!!!

Yes, flat cards. Well, flatish but at least the slight bend is all in the same direction and it is nowhere near as extreme as the first set. So on balance... I think I got a good one. Hurrah! Now I can read the book.

Moonmystic

OMG, I feel horrible!! I didn't know these were out yet and of course I was in Barnes and Noble and they jumped right off the shelf at me! I almost choked!

Shame on me for not paying attention... I try to put these things out of my mind (we had a year to wait, where did the time go?) so the impatience isn't too brutal.

In any event, YIPPPPPPEEEEEEEEE!! I have mine!!!

Happy fairy chatting everyone!

dvorah ophir

not yet but soon

i am still waiting-but since it was shiped at wedensday i can expect it probebly on monday.could be on sunday but looks too soon.still no shaman oracle-i think they come together or by one day difrence and then i will have a hard time diciding to who shell i turn to first...