Slow Holler: New Collaborative Deck

HelloB

Only 4 days left! D:

EarthAngel2911

I'm just curious.... It looks like a very interesting and cohesive deck despite the number of artists, but.... is it just me, or does $55,000 seem like an *awful* lot of money?

Unicorn Bacon

I'm just curious.... It looks like a very interesting and cohesive deck despite the number of artists, but.... is it just me, or does $55,000 seem like an *awful* lot of money?

From a graphic designer perspective and the spectrum of the project, it's not. There's 32 different (probably professional, if the previews are any indicator) people on the project, if I'm understanding correctly. Divide 55k between those people and you have 1718.75/person (assuming wages/rates are clear cut and even), and that's without adding operating costs to manage everything between 32 different people.

illyria

Hi, EarthAngel2911.

That was what I thought, too. I was really drawn by the deck's imagery and seeming cohesiveness the first time I saw it launched on Kickstarter, but I did wonder if the goal would be met. I usually see goals on Kickstarter and Indiegogo set at about US$6,000 to $20,000 or so for tarot decks. The popular ones are overfunded. A goal of $55,000 is a bit ambitious, but then I haven't exactly read up on how much goes where or to whom.

There's less than 24 hours left on the clock for Slow Holler, but I really hope the artists meet their goal!

Padma

I hope they do, too. I understand the cost - paying everyone for their time, plus production costs for a good quality deck and accessories.

Sadly though, the art and colours are not up my alley - but I still wish them the best! I know what it is like to be an artist struggling to get out there! :heart: Goooo, Slow Holler!

FLizarraga

The name, the queer identity side of it, and the intent of keeping it cohesive definitely caught my attention. And I do think it's a very interesting deck, with some really awesome cards --I do love that Magician-- that I would buy as art.

Sadly, it does not seem like a reader for me --YMMV--, and I find it a bit... let's say on the pricy side. They could have easily offered a $20-$25 deck-only option; instead, they jump from $15 for a hanky to $46 for a deck-book-and-hanky package. And there's nothing very 'queer' about it.

The black and gold hanky tempts me, though.

UrbanBramble

I would encourage folks, even if the deck does not appeal to you, to support the project if you feel called. I would love to see this deck funded and they have less than 24 hours left!

gregory

Yeah. As a backer - I am getting depressed now :(

This would only be the second EVER one I had backed that didn't make the money.

VioletEye

i think this deck looks awesome - the colors, the art, the vision... it does seem like a pretty lofty goal, really, but i hope they reach it!

CassieR-1

Backed. I really hope they can get the 34 backers they need for this to become a reality!! :)