How tolerant are the fae?

sagitarian

ok, that's it, i want a reading by Alissa! using the fae cards! yup, think it's time! whatdaya say sis?

Alissa

PM your question, sis, and I'll post it on the Oracle Deck board, for the exchange. I owe you several by this point ;)

Savoyali

Thanks lark!

Sorry for butting in here like that, I just wanted to say thank you, lark, for the beautiful idea with the picture frame! :)

I just got the Faes for my birthday last week, and this really helps a lot in getting to know them, even though I can spend much less time with them than I'd like. I've invited them to come stay in a frame one at a time for however long they like, and they've really taken to the idea (though I've since come to worry a little that one of them might like it so much, they'll maybe not want to leave for a veeeery long time :p).

It's a cheesy fake-rock-engraved-with-shamrocks frame that I bought in Ireland last year, and that had never decided what picture it wanted to hold, as it was waiting for the Faeries, of course (who had a good laugh about this, with a lot of 'duh' and shaking their heads at how humans in this world keep ignoring things they could be knowing right now instead of next week, next year, or even never). Mikle á Muckle is visiting at current :D

Yesterday they also decided on a fabric for their bag; it's red organza, I think they like the idea of it being so airy and see-through :)

To be at least a little on topic, I haven't known them for long, but I have a feeling they'll let you know when they're really really really fed up with being ignored, but they'll not seriously harm you, ever. They're a lot more tolerant of silly human behaviour than one might think, I believe, and besides their definition of a long time might well be something entirely different from what we think consitutes a long time :D Missing reference books and smudges on the ceiling do sound like them, though...

This forum has taught me so much already, I love it!

lark

Re: Thanks lark!

Savoyali said:
Sorry for butting in here like that, I just wanted to say thank you, lark, for the beautiful idea with the picture frame! :)
Oh, no one that owns Faeries is ever butting in. Welcome Savoyali! I'm glad my idea is working for you.
It's a cheesy fake-rock-engraved-with-shamrocks frame that I bought in Ireland last year, and that had never decided what picture it wanted to hold, as it was waiting for the Faeries,
This sounds exactly like the kind of frame they would go for LOL

besides their definition of a long time might well be something entirely different from what we think consitutes a long time :D
You've got that right. When you've been alive for hundreds of years time tends to lose alot of meaning.
Good Luck with those Faeries and come in and share anytime we'd love to hear your stories.

Jewel

~giggles~ well I have been working with the Faeries for close to two years, and when I neglect them they hide my Faeries Oracle book or the deck itself (never both at the same time.) I can sense them, and of course want to use the deck or look for something in the book and it is just simply gone. Mind you I keep the deck in my purse, and the book in a small bookcase by my bed, so when they are not where they are supposed to be I know the Faeries are letting me know that I need to give them some attention. As soon as I do, the book or deck appears excatly where it should be within a couple of days (never the same day.)

Strange but true ... and anyone who has not worked with them would think I was insane. Those of you who know them are probably just cracking up. Never have they done anything scary or mean, just playful and mischivious.

Not everyone is going to connect with this deck. If you don't connect with them then trade or sell the deck/book set. I have known several people who did not, and nothing has happened to them or their things.

September Pixie

Dan,

I do hope you are using them more often now? ;) I am also curious.. Just how many of you remember to leave them tid bits of food now and then? :)

contrascarpe

Nina -

<embarassed> The Faeries are at the bottom of my Tarot Bag, which is big ... but, in my defense, they have their very own special bag - most of my decks are still in boxes. I just connect with so many other decks more than this one..... someday soon, though, I promise :)

Dan

smokey

Greetings One & All
Must agree strongly here re: silly,mischievious pranks t/fae Will &
Do play (or with me ,anyway;but that are hilarious only!) and in
no way mean &/or harmful,(Well; I did have a coupla' tiny bruises
once when they literally kicked me outa' t/bed; but upon inspect-
ion,I'd put a rather sharp object in their box w/them & I'd be "PO'd" too,snicker!
Then, another time twas a wee bit late ordering their fairy-rock,&
didn't find my fave rainbow obsidian till theirs arrived in mail;hence
my piece appeared back on top-o-the-bed,haha!lol

Jewel

September Pixie said:
Just how many of you remember to leave them tid bits of food now and then? :)

I have never left them food, but this morning they told me that they would very much like some of the cream I put in my coffee, could I please leave them some under my back yard tree by the Rosemary bush .... so today when I get home I will do exactly that.

smokey

Best Wishes,
Thanx a ton 4 the reminder of bits of food, September Pixie;& now they've heard of Jewel's cream & gotta try that once ha!(quite alright! I spoil mine rotten, anywho but what t/heck is "mulled" wine? warm? yuck! I don't drink, & do not know.)Probably just a joke...coupla' eyedropper's? I Have no such item!