tower + the moon

justagirl1

Hi,

I'm confused with this advice from a bigger spread (tower) + outcome (the moon). The moon is normally dreams, illusions, the subconcious, what you see or dont see... I read romance on a couple of threads but it doesn't look romantic per se.

And the tower normally means sudden change for me.I see this as a very straight forward card. Had it been the other way around id found it easier to "get". WHat would you make of this combo?

kika_meow

Unexpected changes followed by a period of struggle. It's interesting if you got this combo and you were reading also Minor Arcana, because they're two very strong cards from the Major Arcana, which means you'll grow a lot spiritually.

The Tower is usually a card of "everything you've built out of a situation, it will fall down" and the moon has the meanings you mentioned, but also can mean struggle because, as you see in the lobster trying to cross the pathway where the dogs represent dangers, this lobster represent the querent, in this case, you. The lobster has to be very clever to pass through those dogs without being seeing or attacked, and it has the moon guiding it, so he lobster shall not fear and shall trust the moonlight, this moonlight represent the subconscious, the intuition, while this dogs represent the instinct.

The falling down of the tower is going to make you pass through a test where you will have to show your astuteness, but trusting your intuition and leaving behind your instincts you will be alright. Trust yourself, deep inside of you lay all the answers.

IndigoWaves

If the Tower was 'Advice', then it may be in the querent's best interest to enact drastic change -- even completely severing a relationship, if applicable, with no hidden intent to return at some point. The Moon as 'Outcome', however, suggests that the advice probably won't be taken, because it shows the querent still driven by powerful illusions in the end. (Tower energy is challenging and often unpleasant at first, so we tend to avoid it if possible... But when applied, it easily shatters lunar illusions, releasing their grip. Since that doesn't wind up happening, here, it's apparently being "successfully" avoided; any self-deception going on will continue, at least for now.)

Elven

Was these the only two cards in the reading or were there more cards, but these two you only need clarity on?

I'm not sure that this is romantic, but depending on the other cards that were around it or in the spread (if bigger spread meant more cards in the same reading) - I'm seeing that these cards are more a 'heads-up'.

I this is a possible drink/drugs/drive encounter. I'm not saying it is either one of you it could be someone else. And I'm not sure in what context the reading was done or if there was a question. But I would say there is an impact.

justagirl1

Thank you all for your responses. They are very insightful!

Other cards in the spread were 2 of pentacles, 9 of cups, queen of wands and 3 of pentacles.
These i think I "get" fairly well. Theyre all quite positive imo. 2 of pentacles i see as myself and this is what this card represented in the spread.

Basically, I saw something I didn't like. something ridiculous and petty. i had a pretty crap day in general. It's very interesting Elven mentions alcohol because on my way home I did get some mixer to have with a drink and "wind down". Interestingly, also during my reading as I was shuffling I kept thinking "it's not a good time for me to do a reading" and you know when you feel sort of unfocused and you dont really feel connected or drawn to the cards. I think they're reflecting that perhaps. Maybe theyre telling me to stop being ridiculous and I'm just blurring my own mind when all else is not bad (the previous cards weren't exactly bad?) and I'm being silly, basically?

Nevertheless, I have decided to learn more about the moon. I asked this morning, a general question "how the cards want me to connect or think of 'the moon'" not love, work, health, just generally and neutral. Ironically I got "wheel of fortune" but Im taking it as its not bad, quite lucky in fact. Followed by knight of pents - Ill have to figure this one out.

headincloud

Have you recently been promoted?

Elven

Thank you all for your responses. They are very insightful!

Other cards in the spread were 2 of pentacles, 9 of cups, queen of wands and 3 of pentacles.
These i think I "get" fairly well. Theyre all quite positive imo. 2 of pentacles i see as myself and this is what this card represented in the spread.

Basically, I saw something I didn't like. something ridiculous and petty. i had a pretty crap day in general. It's very interesting Elven mentions alcohol because on my way home I did get some mixer to have with a drink and "wind down". Interestingly, also during my reading as I was shuffling I kept thinking "it's not a good time for me to do a reading" and you know when you feel sort of unfocused and you dont really feel connected or drawn to the cards. I think they're reflecting that perhaps. Maybe theyre telling me to stop being ridiculous and I'm just blurring my own mind when all else is not bad (the previous cards weren't exactly bad?) and I'm being silly, basically?

Nevertheless, I have decided to learn more about the moon. I asked this morning, a general question "how the cards want me to connect or think of 'the moon'" not love, work, health, just generally and neutral. Ironically I got "wheel of fortune" but Im taking it as its not bad, quite lucky in fact. Followed by knight of pents - Ill have to figure this one out.

Thanks for the feedback justagirl1.
The additional cards you mentioned are not any which I see as adding any adverse impact. Something to consider might be to do with timing - full moon impact, eclipse, something extra-ordinary. The Tower and Moon with the Wheel of Fortune to clarify.

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time you had the Tower appear in a reading? (I hope I am keeping this question in the thread boundaries)
Thanks
:)

justagirl1

Thanks for the feedback justagirl1.
The additional cards you mentioned are not any which I see as adding any adverse impact. Something to consider might be to do with timing - full moon impact, eclipse, something extra-ordinary. The Tower and Moon with the Wheel of Fortune to clarify.

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time you had the Tower appear in a reading? (I hope I am keeping this question in the thread boundaries)
Thanks
:)

Your interpretation hit home a bit! :p I suppose as I asked the tarots how they want me to see the moon and wheel of fortune showed, which is so positive imo (last time i got it it accurately predicted my promotion), it says the moon isnt to be taken as something bad or scary(?)

The tower popped up a bit here and there lately. Last time was the other day actually: king of swords - the tower - 9 of wands. the tower and 9 of wands were drawn as clarifiers for the king of swords. I somehow saw that as a rather stone cold personality cracking but with the 9 of wands still claiming to "be right" or "defensive". Could be me. I have a tendency to "keep a straight face" and I see that king as quite cold, not because he's (or she) mean s/he is just oblivious to his own coldness. (I hope this answer is in the thread boundaries)

It's also interesting you mention timing as well as this is something I have started to consider since reading about this. Next full moon here is 9th July!

headincloud

Tower, moon, 2 of pentacles, 9 of cups, queen of wands and 3 of pentacles

2P suggests an increase in finances and juggling, 9C is the wish card, queen of wands is a career girl, 3P is credit for your work and from this we can deduct the disruption of the tower is likely being caused by a job promotion.

As for the moon it may suggest confusion in your new role or self deception if your mind is running away with you over something or perhaps someone is deceiving you, maybe the role isn't what you thought it would be?? I'd pull 3 cards to clarify what the moon is referring in this case and if there are other deception cards perhaps someone is working against you but these are just suggestions. Does it perhaps relate to how you see yourself?

Just noticed this; king of swords - the tower - 9 of wands which from one angle could read disruption and activating your boundaries against that king possibly unexpectedly, that could be taking it completely out of context however because I don't know what the reading related to or the full picture.