Haindl Tarot books

Liliana

I was wondering if anyone had the books to the Haindl tarot books, particularly the Major Arcana one.

Im most interested in whether she goes into the runes in any good amount of detail, since they are the same ones as on my Rohrig and the Rohrig book does not nearly say enough about the runes.

:THP

Phoenix

I just got them today from a trade, as well as the deck. I have all three books and the deck. Although I haven't had the chance to really read them yet, I assume that she does. She gives at least 5 pages to each of the majors. Also, in her Minor Arcana book, she goes into the meanings of the I Ching, so, she must go into the meanings of the runes.

Liliana

What is the third book? I know theres one on majors and one on minors, whats the third?

catlin

I got a German translation and me thinks it's the book about Majors and the one about Minors rolled in one volume. I still haven't had time to read it, though.

Phoenix

I was wrong Liliana, the third book has the meanings of the runes in it.

The Haindl Tarot: A Reader's Workbook by Rachel Pollack.
ISBN 1-57281-220-6

Liliana

So the majors book does not have the rune meanings?

Phoenix

The majors boof does as well. It is just that in the third book, it it given it's own little sub-heading under the main heading. In the majors book, it is integrated into the text. All books are great, and well written, by the way!

Hope this helps!

Liliana

It does, i can get the majors book fairly cheap im not sure if i can get the other one at a good price hehe

Keslynn

Psst!

Anyone who's interested should check eBay. I'm pretty sure I saw a complete set of Haindl deck and both Pollack books for really cheap. Random things like that come up all the time, but quite irregularly. So I find it's good to keep checking back.

I have been really entranced by the artwork on the Haindl deck but I would really love to know more. Just liking the art hasn't enabled me to read with it at all. Rachel Pollack rocks so I'm sure they will be good. They've been on my wishlist for a while now.

:) Kes

divinerguy

Liliana - I have the US Games Haindl book. Just got the deck a few days ago, and the artwork is fabulous.