Haindl Tarot books

Laurel

I just brushed the dust off my copies of these two books and peaked through. I loved them and considered them a wonderful resource once upon a time because they're filled highlights and enthusiastic notes along the edges. I can't remember any of it... I'll have to reread them from scratch. There's worse things in life. :)

Laurel

divinerguy

Trying to learn this deck, but Rachel Pollack is not an easy read. She wrote the Guidebbok that I own.

Jewel

Okies, I have the pink book (the 3rd one) ... can anyone who owns all three tell me if having this 3rd book is enough. I have not read it yet (another study project on hold) but I wanted to verify that this book works well independently of the other two. Thanks.

Phoenix

Jewel, I think that you should at least get the book on the Majors. Pollack goes in depth with all of the symbols on the cards.

Lee

Jewel said:
Okies, I have the pink book (the 3rd one) ... can anyone who owns all three tell me if having this 3rd book is enough. I have not read it yet (another study project on hold) but I wanted to verify that this book works well independently of the other two. Thanks.

Hi Jewel, I have all three and my opinion is that it's actually better to start with the pink one you have, it's more directly directed to reading and is more straightforward. There's plenty there to keep you busy, and if you get through that and want more, then you have plenty of time to get the other two, IMHO.

-- Lee :)

Jewel

Thanks Lee! I almost got the other two books last week but as I do not think the Haindl will ever be my primary deck I thought the one I have is probably enough. I love the Haidl and it is most intriguing to me, but I think I would rather devote hard core study time and financial resources when I have to to the study of the Thoth. However should I ever find the Haidl books up for trade ... then I would probably trade for them.

ChrisTheObscure

I have both the deck and the majors book, and love both. I was able to read with the Haindl deck right away, but gained so much (and am still gaining so much) insight because of that book. I really want to get the minors book as well.

What I should have done, looking back, is gotten the edition of the deck that comes WITH both books. Oh well.

C.

Jewel

YAY got the 2 Haindl books in trade!