Your Favorite Lenormand?

NikkiB

Postmark hands down!

strings of life

With Lenormands I prefer the rather mathematical, formulaic (in a good sense) mode of reading (i.e anchor + mice + coffin = what?). I think the LoS Lenormand Oracle (the red box one), trimmed is perhaps the cheapest, mass market undistracting Lenormand in my opinion. Not even with playing cards inset. But we're all different...

Here are my LoS ones trimmed and scanned! I think they're much better...
Wow, how stunning! I'm going to take your lead and trim mine too. It's also one of my favorite Lenormands!

My list is below. I love Lenormands with clear and evocative images of the card symbols. In order:

- Red Owl Lenormand with the English versus. Mine is the older version from the '70s with the silver gilt edges. I love the card stock and printing. I love this deck so much...

- Lenormand Oracle Cards (the one Le Fanu mentioned and shared a photo of trimmed). It's readily available and cheap too.

- Brittas Wahrsagekarten - so atmospheric! Readily available in Germany

And Chronata's Minute Lenormand will zap its way to the top of this list under the Red Owl, I just know it.

I'm fussy with my Lenormands!

Bhavana

- Red Owl Lenormand with the English versus. Mine is the older version from the '70s with the silver gilt edges. I love the card stock and printing. I love this deck so much...

I found one of these old Red Owls at a flea market last fall...I asked this little old man who had lots of cards if he had any tarot, and he dug this little deck out of the back of his truck for me...it only has the gilt on the corner parts. And only one card is creased. Really neat little deck, though! He said he never put it out for sale because he didn't think anyone was interested in "tarot" cards...

I don't have an Lenormands, besides the old Red Owl, (unless Lady Lorelei's Gypsy Fortune deck is considered one?) because I am afraid if I start getting them, I won't be able to stop-
But I am really loving this one:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/90351142/alice-in-wonderland-vintage-petit

strings of life

I found one of these old Red Owls at a flea market last fall...I asked this little old man who had lots of cards if he had any tarot, and he dug this little deck out of the back of his truck for me...it only has the gilt on the corner parts. And only one card is creased. Really neat little deck, though! He said he never put it out for sale because he didn't think anyone was interested in "tarot" cards...
Mine only has gilt edges on the corners as well, and a light dusting on the other parts. Still sparkly for a deck that is 40 years old. I would love to learn the history of the poems. It's funny, I don't like keywords on decks, but I adore the poems. I feel like I'm being transported back to a different time with these little cards.

I
don't have an Lenormands, besides the old Red Owl, (unless Lady Lorelei's Gypsy Fortune deck is considered one?) because I am afraid if I start getting them, I won't be able to stop-
But I am really loving this one:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/90351142/alice-in-wonderland-vintage-petit
I've seen this one before, and although it's beautiful--I'm not sure if I'd read with it or not.

They are fun to collect :D.

Emily

I like the new printing of the Blue Owl with the English verses on. I searched long and hard for this version a few years ago and came up empty, then last year found Amazon selling them. :)

daphne

I like the new printing of the Blue Owl with the English verses on. I searched long and hard for this version a few years ago and came up empty, then last year found Amazon selling them. :)

I was also looking for them. Do you have a link, I cannot find it on amazon.

strings of life

I was also looking for them. Do you have a link, I cannot find it on amazon.
Link is here (US, but you can find one on other retailers too if you search the ISBN: 9781572817050). US Games re-released the Blue Owl last month, so it's easily obtainable now!

daphne

Thank you Carla, Aurarcana, I was looking carefully at the pictures on internet. Is it true that there are no playing card inserts?

I would like a version with the cards number, the poetry & the playing card inserts. Does it exist?

Emily

Thank you Carla, Aurarcana, I was looking carefully at the pictures on internet. Is it true that there are no playing card inserts?

I would like a version with the cards number, the poetry & the playing card inserts. Does it exist?

Hi daphne, no this Blue Owl doesn't have the playing cards on. I'm not sure if there is a version with everything on. This is the only version I have with English verses but most of my others have the playing cards on.