The Antiquarian Lenormand

Tarot Orat

I LOVE it!!!! The feel of the cards is so cohesive yet each one has a subtle diversity of detail and background. I got chills looking at some of them (I LOVE Madame Curie and the Coffin and the Mice).

I agree that there's something "off" about the Fox, I don't mind that he's black but the woman holding him and the sort of watery effect to the background throw me off. The first thing I see is definitely not "fox," I had to look around to find him.

Everything else, LOVE! I hope you decide to print enough decks that I can buy one :D

janie144

I am loving these cards Ladybird and can't wait to see more, my favorites so far are the clover, mice and crossroads. I hope you do eventually publish these.

ladybird

Thank you, ladies! :heart:

My friend has been scanning these for me on her pro scanner so am awaiting to complete several more before I give them to her. I'll try to post more soon.

I do have one that I'm afraid might not work. :?: Can I bounce it off of you all? It's the Cross card. I LOVE the image, it's an old Red Cross advertisement for WWI drawn by David Henry Souter. I cut off the "Help" from the top of the ad.

To me it feels like it represents the "sickness/health", "burden" and "sacrifice" of the Cross. But, I wonder if "spirituality" and "religion" and "fate" are lost here. I thought since the nurse is in a stigmata sort of position I thought it might work. Do you think the nurse detracts from the Cross? Does it start to become more taroty then Lenormandy?

Attachments

• 36.Cross4web.jpg
    36.Cross4web.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 151

jcwirish

Hmm... I like it personally, but I can see your concern. I think it works myself, and I like the image. Well, that wasn't helpful was it, lol! I'm not so experienced with Lenormand just yet. maybe some with more expertise will chime in with their thoughts.

MoonGypsy

ETA: Okay, now that i got my immediate reaction out of the way...

i tried looking at it again with an open mind...

It is starting to grow on me...and is starting to reveal a lot of layers of meaning...

i don't know why i had such a neg gut reaction at first...Maybe Karmic...

This card is really out of the box, but yet i AM finding the meanings there...

And now i am starting to experience a "Wow" reaction...very odd! It turns out to be a very multi-layered Powerful Image...

Laura Borealis

I actually like it. It's a fantastic image and I like that it's not forcing a Christian meaning.

baylys

I really like it. I hate having religion forced down my throat. I like that the cross message is still there, but that religion is not the most obvious message to pop out. And personally, I am in awe of what the red cross does.

Big thumbs up from me.

ladybird

I'm really glad to hear you like it! I felt the same way about the traditional cross image so thought to try the red cross out for size. I'm happy I did now. My hubs said that he loves it and that's saying alot coming from him. ;) I like it as well but wasn't sure. Thanks for your responses! I know it's not "traditional" but I also wanted to try to step outside the box while trying to keep to the simplicity of Lenormand. It's a creative journey too! It's nice to do something different but trying to keep it straight forward is my goal also.

I'm off to work on the Garden. No, I wish I could actually work in my garden but it's a rainy mess out there. I'll work on the card instead today. :)

baylys

You are doing really well, good on you.

Chronata

I really like the cross, myself.
It seems to contain every traditional meaning, and maybe a little bit extra too.
I think your color choice is just right as well.