Planet Series: The SUN & Venus

WhiteRaven

I'm still confused with some things fitting with the sun "ahead" and some fitting with the sun "behind".

Esme

dadsnook2000 said:
When Venus is one sign behind the Sun (by zodiac sequence) it is in a sign of opposite polarity (positive or negative) -- Venus has to adapt itself to the direction set by the Sun, our Sun, or another's Sun. There might be a sense of reserve or reluctance to easily let one's Venus-functions be shown or expressed easily.

I have Sag Venus behind Cap Sun. Sun is in the 4th hs and intercepted and doesn't really want to led anything. :p Or doesn't know how to which is pretty much the same.

However, every now and then it just closes all doors and windows leaving the flirty, communicative and fun-loving Venus feeling quite sad and desolate.

dadsnook2000

White Raven

You have a Capricorn Sun and an Aquarius Venus, therefore Venus is ahead of your Sun as seen and measured by zodiac signs and degrees. With Venus ahead of the Sun, it tends to be more independant than it would be following the Sun. Venus has the capacity to gather experience, find what attracts it, establish its own values and likes about your surroundings (rooms, houses, gardens, clothes, possessions) and immediate environment.

That said, if we look at Sun-Capricorn and Venus-Aquarius, bringing in the sign meanings, we have Sun focusing upon being practical, cautious, reserved and productive (all Capricorn keywords) and Venus being much more open and universal in its likes and dislikes -- upsetting to the Sun. Dave

WhiteRaven

dadsnook2000 said:
You have a Capricorn Sun and an Aquarius Venus, therefore Venus is ahead of your Sun as seen and measured by zodiac signs and degrees. With Venus ahead of the Sun, it tends to be more independant than it would be following the Sun. Venus has the capacity to gather experience, find what attracts it, establish its own values and likes about your surroundings (rooms, houses, gardens, clothes, possessions) and immediate environment.

That said, if we look at Sun-Capricorn and Venus-Aquarius, bringing in the sign meanings, we have Sun focusing upon being practical, cautious, reserved and productive (all Capricorn keywords) and Venus being much more open and universal in its likes and dislikes -- upsetting to the Sun. Dave

Well, I'm not too practical in the eyes of those around me. I am cautious and reserved with whom I relate with...I'm not that productive either. Nor am I money-minded like most Capricorns are suggested to be. I'm quite different than many in regards to people that attract me. I don't look at gender or physical aspects "first"...I take more heed to what's inside and makes them "run". Perhaps that's the "universal" part. My "likes" are not of the "norm" because most are of a "new age" side. I find it very difficult to find someone that I can relate to easily and feel I can really be myself. So, I would say that Venus has a stronger hold on me in this area than my Sun does.

dadsnook2000

Yes

Yes, White Raven. And you are much more in terms of your chart and yourself than just this one little single Sun-Venus relationship. All of those other 1800 basic factors have to come into play. We are just trying to isolate factors here so as to understand them. Later we can put more of them together. Dave

Moongold

I've been readiing this with fascination and could no longer resist joining in.

I have a Sagittarian Sun (probably why I joined in!) and Venus in Capricorn. Capricorn tends to make my Venus reserved. That has always been the case.

Where do aspects come into this, Dave? My Venus in Capricorn is trine Saturn in the 8th House and also trine Uranus in the 6th.

This may be irrelevent to what you're doing here though.

It is interesting to look at the placements this way!

squeakmo9

dadsnook2000 said:
When Venus moves ahead of the Sun, sign-wise, at birth or by transit, Venus tends to be more free, more experimental and even un-cautious in how it reaches out to others and gathers whatever Venus-things it wants. Being in a sign with an opposite polarity than the Sun, this can bring dis-quieting and exciting experiences into ones personality development.

I can say this is spot on! I've had some relationships that have been very impulsive, complusive causing emotional disruption, very intense interactions. So they proved to be exciting/upsetting in the short-term and of EXTREME value to me on every level of my life, outside of "relationships"in the long run. I learned a lot from these type of scenerios. Enough so, that I do not wish to "invite" these types of situations anymore. With Venus in Gemini, I am trying to learn to be a better listener, to understand where others come from and accept others for as they ARE (as oppose to how I want them to be or "think" they are). My Taurus Sun, I believe wants to take things slowly, this is a "builder" and wants to establish a foundation, starting with myself. How I am, what my values are...etc. So it's all about self-worth and overcoming the need to be validated from others.

dadsnook2000

For Moongold

We are not dealing with aspects when looking at the Sun and Mercury or the Sun and Venus because there isn't much in terms of aspects to look at. It is when we consider Sun, Mercury and Venus that the "signs" seem to have their most validity. When we look at Sun with the Moon, Mars, Jupiter, etc., then the phase relationships, aspects and houses have more relevance in my opinion.

We are looking and learning about Mercury and about Venus in these two threads by looking at their positions relative to the Sun -- and then we are drawing some conclusions from the feedback of participants and by comparing our individual positions with those of famous people that we might relate to.

This is one of the basic ways we can learn astrology without resorting to books that may or may not be well written and have something substantive to contribute. While there are a lot of good books out there, there are also some pretty useless and misleading books as well. Dave

Moongold

Thanks Dave ~ that makes sense.

I often wondered where the interpretations attached to aspects came from. I have some excellent books (including Robert Hand's Transits tome) but there is still no explanation as to the origins of the interps.

Best ~ Moongold

stardancer

I think aspect interpretation comes from the study of harmonics and Pythagorean theories, but that is probably for another thread.