Question about a rising sign

Ahria

I went to visit a friend of a friends the other day who happens to be a medium, alot of the things she said to me were very accurate, one of the things she did say to me was that I had a Pieces rising sign (I think thats what she called it) and it was more dominant that my normal sign. The traits she described are very much me.

I have read up a bit on the internet but apparently you need your time of birth which I have no way of finding out, my mom can't even remember - to quote her - I was in labour for over 20 hours I was just happy when it was over (personally I dont think I could have lasted that long so I really cant fault her.)

Any way I can find out?

PS Its not that I dont trust this friend of a friend, I was curious more than anything cause Taurus traits have usually been very off....

franniee

Hi Ahria,

Can you go to the hospital where you were born and get the records? or is it on your birth certificate?

Also can she pinpoint a rough idea of when you were born....then you can go to astrodienst.com and plug in the place and rough time and see your natal chart....

It is very important to know the exact time and place so you can craft the natal chart - this will not only tell you your rising sign but where all the planets were the time you were born and it is about all of the planets and their position in your chart and their interactions. The sun and rising signs are just a minor piece of the puzzle that is you. :D

There are people far more educated in astrology on this board then me so see if you can figure out the time and place and come back and one of them will help you out....I am sure. :)

luck to you
f

Ahria

She thinks it was evening or early morning - thats quite a bit of time there, we have very simple birth certificates here and the hospital I was born at no longer exists.

Gavriela

You may be able to find someone to help you using chart rectification techniques - which basically takes major events in your life, and then runs sample charts within the time period (for you about 14 hours?) to try to get as close a match as possible. It's a fairly tricky process.

Dave might be aware of other methods. But you could try the Pisces rising that the medium told you and see how that fits with transits on important dates in your life, or any transits going on now - if you have Pisces rising, depending on where you live, you've likely narrowed the time window down to two to three hours - a lot easier to work with already!

franniee

OK then you can guage what signs were rising - go to the site I mentioned before and type in all the info you know and start with 10PM and see which sign was rising then and then you will known which one starts it out.....so let's say aquarius is rising at 10 pm - it rises for a specific amount of time and then the next sign in the order rises... (I don't know the specific time it takes ea sign to rise) but then you would know pisces is next and after that Aries, taurus etc. You can get a basic idea but that is the best I can do for you without an exact time of birth.

Also (i am sure you have thought of this already but...) can you ask all your family members to see if they remember better?

Ask one of the expert astrologers....dadsnook comes to mind....maybe you can PM him and trade a reading or something for a bit of interpolation. ;)

I have limited knowledge - and I use a program to cast my charts - an experienced one knows how to cast a chart from scratch....maybe they can give you a better idea.

:love:

Ahria

I used that site it seems btwn 2:10 to 4:15 in the morning.

Then I decided to use my pendulum so we started working through times and finally settled on 3:24, 99% of that is pretty accurate.

franniee

Very very cool! Ahria! You'll get it then Dave and Dadsnook will probably be great assets.....

I am volunteering them ! hA sorry guys!

:laugh: