Your Most Trusted Deck?

Mystic Zyl

Any RWS deck....Hermetic and Tarot Di Sissi...omg I almost forgot New Palladini

poopsie

A few years back, it was Liber T. Then I tried other decks. I found the Etruscan Tarot quite revealing especially if my questins were about conflicts in relationships.

However, lately, I am finding great insights from Legacy of the Divine and The Wizard's Tarot.

Inconnu

Yes, it may be a matter of cultural conditioning, but I did not say that it was "unbelievable," did I? It is a matter of preference in Tarot, not a matter of being a prude, which, if you knew me better, you would never have implied. Personally, I would like for the images to reflect the intentions of the creator, not the thoughtless overlays of misuse, neglect, and filth. Please pardon me for interrupting this thread with what apparently is a totally irrelevant comment! :rolleyes: I cordially request that my posts be removed if they are unacceptable. It won't be a first, believe me. :)

I love the war torn look of facsimiles, or actual old packs. The markings of usage you find off putting, I relate to as a humanizing quality that adds to the character of the cards. Something that has enough initial quality that hard use adds to it's mystique. Though I draw the line at barf.

But that's just me.

Lately my fave pack is the Tarot de Marsella Robledo, which is new but looks old.

dawntarot

I read pretty much exclusively with Marseilles-type decks these days, but especially the 1JJ Swiss. For some reason the court cards speak to me in a way I don't quite experience with other decks...

Ms. Jocelyn

My Thoth deck. Probably because I have had it forever- but people always laugh when I pull out the cards and sigh "Wow- so much easier to read with than my other decks!". :D

I totally agree! My BFF is the Thoth. But, my Steampunk Tarot has been knocking it out of the park lately, and would be my next BFF.