anybody read during full or new moons?

tarotgimp

franniee said:
I am tidal! :laugh: Full Moons energize me. I love reading during them!

me too :)

franniee said:
I don't cleanse my decks and I am not freaked if others touch my decks.... although lately they have been manhandling them and that irks me! I may have to change my routine and only let them cut the decks!! People can't shuffle!! They bend cards and have grubby and sticky fingers. YUCK!!! But that is the Virgo in me! :D

I don't mind if people touch my deck wether i'm reaidng for them or not, but if they don't ask permission first I'll freak pretty quick. maybe thats the taurus in me. hehe :)

tarot gimp

-blessed be

Nevada

IsisSophia said:
Hi all - just got to add my 2 cents here, since I'm a follower of astrology. :)

I tend to be affected by some full moons and not others, depending on the astrological sign the moon is in. Usually, if it comes full in a sign which is compatible with my own moon in Leo, I feel it more strongly and usually experiene an increase in psychic energy. Incompatible signs either don't affect me at all, or they increase my internal anxiety - like feeling fidgity or unclear mentally.

As far as whether or not to read at these times, I don't like to read when I'm not feeling peaceful, but I haven't noticed a difference in my afility to read during those times. It does seem, at times though, that those flashes of insight do not come as easily when the full moon is in an incompatible sign with my own moon.
You made much more sense of that than I did, but what you've written here is very close to what I've noticed about my moods and the Moon. For me, with Moon in Taurus in my natal chart, I feel most grounded and "at home" when it's in an earth sign, and I get irritable during certain Moon transits, especially a full Moon in Aries but also with other fire signs. Sometime it energizes me so much I can't sit still.

I'm still not sure how this affects my Tarot reading.... But I think it would make a great experiment, and I may do something with it after I think about it for a while, and when I have time.

Nevada

Sinduction said:
I'd assume if one isn't Wiccan then they would have really no need to pay attention to the phases.
I'm not sure why you'd think that. I've paid attention to the Moon nearly my entire life, and I'm not Wiccan. I understand the religious significance for you, but one doesn't have to be Wiccan for the Moon to be important to them. Astrology alone would be a major cause of an interest in the Moon. So would some other religions besides yours. Judaism and Islam as well as Buddhism operate on lunar calendars. Some Native Americans, in particular the Anasazi, were at least in the past also immensely interested in the Moon, if Chaco Canyon is any indication. Though their interest seemed to be more along the lines of eclipse cycles than Moon phases. Still....

I'm just saying. :)

tarotgimp

Nevada said:
You made much more sense of that than I did, but what you've written here is very close to what I've noticed about my moods and the Moon. For me, with Moon in Taurus in my natal chart, I feel most grounded and "at home" when it's in an earth sign, and I get irritable during certain Moon transits, especially a full Moon in Aries but also with other fire signs. Sometime it energizes me so much I can't sit still.

I'm still not sure how this affects my Tarot reading.... But I think it would make a great experiment, and I may do something with it after I think about it for a while, and when I have time.

If your open to it I would love to discuss your findings..FYI the next full moon is Feb 9th (in the northern hemesphere).

tarot gimp

-blessed be

Greg Stanton

I have found that Astrological influences only affect people who give them power. I used to be Wiccan, and paid a lot of attention to the Moon phases. At the time I believed they did have an influence on my life. Same with the "Mercury retrograde" thing.

I've been divorced from the scene for years, but still know a lot of Wiccans. I can state that the Moon phases certainly seem to affect their lives -- lots of fuss over MR as well. However, as I no longer incorporate these beliefs into my life, it appears Astrology has absolutely no bearing on what goes on around me. When I've got friends cursing Mercury retrograde and fussing over miscommunication and botched travel plans, the stars and planets don't really seem to have any influence over what I'm doing personally.

Just my experience and thoughts.

tarotgimp

Greg Stanton said:
I have found that Astrological influences only affect people who give them power. I used to be Wiccan, and paid a lot of attention to the Moon phases. At the time I believed they did have an influence on my life. Same with the "Mercury retrograde" thing.

I've been divorced from the scene for years, but still know a lot of Wiccans. I can state that the Moon phases certainly seem to affect their lives -- lots of fuss over MR as well. However, as I no longer incorporate these beliefs into my life, it seems Astrology has absolutely no bearing on what goes on around me. When I've got friends cursing Mercury retrograde and fussing over miscommunication and botched travel plans, it really doesn't seem to have any influence over what I'm doing personally.

Just my experience and thoughts.

modern science has proven the moon phases to have an impact on the nature of earth. i.e ocean tides, Don't get me wrong, I'm not attempting to step on your thoughts. Just something I thought worthy of mention is all.

tarot gimp

-blessed be

Nevada

Greg Stanton said:
I often go for many weeks at a time without noticing what the Moon or planets are doing, what transits are occurring, etc. But I've noticed that at times when I'm not getting along well with others for a day or two, and I wonder why, if I check my transits I'll find that the Moon is in Aries. So I don't think that's anything to do with my belief about it causing the problems -- if I'm not aware of where the Moon is when I notice the problem. However, when I'm more aware of where the Moon is, I'm able to adjust my own behavior and that helps those days go easier.

tarotgimp

Nevada said:
I often go for many weeks at a time without noticing what the Moon or planets are doing, what transits are occurring, etc. But I've noticed that at times when I'm not getting along well with others for a day or two, and I wonder why, if I check my transits I'll find that the Moon is in Aries. So I don't think that's anything to do with my belief about it causing the problems -- if I'm not aware of where the Moon is when I notice the problem. However, when I'm more aware of where the Moon is, I'm able to adjust my own behavior and that helps those days go easier.

precisely the reason I read tarot :)...on a side note I don't really pay much attention to "where" the moon is. Astrology is sort of beyond my knowledge in this life (atleast for now). I only pay attention to when the moon is full regardless of the constelation it may relate to...as far as MR? idk why but strange things tend to happen around that time.

tarotgimp

-blessed be

InionAradia

I tend to go by the ideology that New Moons are good for new beginnings, that New-Full is good for growth, Full Moons are good for results, and Full-New are good for decreasing things.
So, if I specifically plan to read on a New Moon, I'll do a reading that's something to do with starting a new project, or maybe something to do with looking for a new job. Between New and Full would be something to do with money or protection or personal growth. Full Moons are sort of "progress checks", for me, so things like spiritual progress spreads or something career/school related. Between Full and New Moons would be spreads related to ending relationships or commitments, or about decreasing something's influence.

I don't tend to actually plan when I do a spread- I mean, who plans when problems arise?- but I might phrase my questions differently, depending on the Moon phase. Or if I know I'll be starting something in a month or two, I'll wait until a New Moon to do a spread about it. (These are all just random examples, by the way.)
Just how I do things, really.

Peter1161

Starting to think my odd behaviour once a month is causing the moon to change.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk