Vision Quest - V Shaman (The High Priest)

Soaring Eagle

Description:
The Shaman stands in front of a tribal totem; he is outlined by a spiritual aura. He is the spiritual leader of his people. There is a raven in front of him, but rather than colored black it shows the moon and stars. There is a white wolf in front of the raven. Behind the totem you can see the trees, with a raven perched on top of one tree. The sky is streaked with yellow and blue, and red.

Significant Details:
The totem represents the spiritual history of the Shaman, or possibly of his people, his family. The raven is the bearer of news, and with his design of the celestial sky, he brings news of a spiritual value. The staff he holds in his hand signifies his ability to draw upon astral and spiritual knowledge. The wolf and raven are his spirit guides, and aid him into the astral realms when he travels there to gain more wisdom and knowledge.

My Interpetation:
Abide by the physical and spiritual laws, or suffer the consequences. You will meet your spiritual guide. An event in your life makes you face up to your responsibilities.

Anybody have other takes on the Shaman?

jaj

Hi Soaring Eagle,

I am reading with interest your posts on the Vision Quest Tarot. Several months ago, a past-life regression therapist set the intention to regress me to 'a happy life'. As best I can piece together the details of what I saw, I believe it was a very happy lifetime as a Mi'kmaq several hundred years before European contact. The therapist suggested that, over time, I could study the regression details and bring the happiness forward into this life. I purchased the Vision Quest Tarot because its images were the closest I could find to what I saw in the regression.

The overwhelming feelings from the regression were huge amounts of respect for everything: each human, each plant, each animal, each rock, everything! And so, when I stare into the eyes of the Shaman and the wolf, I can sort of remember that feeling of respect and peace and confidence/competence/surety.

I am thoroughly Anglo-Saxon in this life, but working hard to remember the wonderful spirituality I experienced in that lifetime.

Soaring Eagle

Thank you, I am glad you are finding the posts interesting. I wasn't sure anyone was actually reading them, as this study group is over a year old. As I am truly interested in this deck, I thought I'd revive it. I'll try and get a couple more out today.

jaj

...I'll try and get a couple more out today.
Oh, no hurry. This is a very meditative process for me. Just post as the spirit moves. No pressure. Thanks so much.

divinegoddess

Numerology Reference: Force, conflict, change, courage, strength, Instability, conflict, loss, opportunity for change, new cycle

Keywords*: Wisdom, transcendence, intuition, deep knowledge of underlying forces, clear insight into recurring cycles, supernatural talents, otherworldly and extrasensory visions

Inner message*: The Shaman inside you is capable of merging his intuitive perceptiveness with the wiesdom of the Elders. Meditate and find out what really motivates you, what your inner core truly desires. Don’t waste time trying to fulfill more superficial desires. They can never satisfy your ancienct longing. That is not their task. Shift your attention to what is ESSENTIAL. Most essential in your life is your own being. Without knowing the true essence of your being, your heart will always remain empty and dissatisfied. Without recognition of who you are, without inwardly awakening to that, you stumble like drunkard through a maze of meaningless limitations. Remember your Self! Take the time and whatever space you need to explore your innermost being. For that, you don’t have to go anywhere.

Outward manifestation*:Much of what feels no longer right for you is ready to leave or fall away. Be thankful! You may have to go through the pain of disillusionment, but that’s in facet your liberation. If you want to awaken to Reality, no spiritual entertainment technique can help you. It is time to face yourself. The Shaman merely reminds you of your spiritual heritage. He points to your source, the unnameable, the mystery of your existence, the power that created everything and absorbs you back into itself at the end of this life. Contemplate how to best spend your time!

My Interpretation: The Shaman asks you to find your inner-self, to get to know who you are. One way to find out about this is through meditation. Focus on the essential, which is mostly your own being. Without of this knowledge your life will remain empty and dissatisfied. He asks you to take time for yourself. Through the help of your Spiritual Guide(s), you will find your innermost being. What doesn’t serve you anymore, is about to leave you. You have come a long way in your journey, now it’s the time to shed unnecessary baggage. He, and your Spirit Guides, points you to go to the right direction if you listen to them.

*From the accompanying LWB