9 of batons is stalking me for almost a month

Migdal93

I think it was the second day after getting my first deck, my Nicolas Conver Marseille. I did a simple reading, testing my waters, and it shows up.

Since then, this card has been showing up a lot. Never for others - always for me.

It might be because it's for myself, but I really don't get it. The little white book that came with my deck speaks of distrust, delays, positions of power, being ready to attack if needed, resistance. Ben Dov is similar, since it speaks of interruption, difficulties too hard to overcome, starting again after a challenging period. Then there's Jodorowski, who talks about the end of ego - choosing between life and death like situations, self domination.

I can't seem to join all those meanings and key words together, to make a concise reading of the card. For some background: I have indeed just finished a very hard period of my life. I am in the process of making life changing decisions. I have been in the process of making better choices for myself.

It feels like a "gloomy" card for me!

Any input or feedback would be very appreciated.

elena_jaymz

Hi Migdal93, I think the 9 of Wands/Batons here probably means you're in a "final test" situation before achieving victory. Stay true to your beliefs and convictions and defend what you believe in. Although you may feel as though you have lost momentum, you have enough strength to achieve your goals. Although this situation appears difficult, you are in an advantageous position. This card asks you to be brave and patient as well, because by overcoming your current obstacles, you will be met with success.

Hope it helps.

Thirteen

If a card keeps coming up, then the Deck is waving at you saying, "Hey, Reader, I've an important message for you. You really need to hear it..."

And the 9/Wands is actually a pretty clear message. Here's an interesting interpretation that isn't usually in the books..."If you want something done right, do it yourself." Which is all well and good...until you end up like our poor guy there: Exhausted and battered and over-extended from multi-tasking.

So, the question I'd ask you is...are you trying to do too much all by yourself? If the card is coming up over and over again, the deck may simply be saying, "Ask for help. Don't try to do it all on your own." Either that, or, as said, it could be telling you, "I know you're tried. But hang in there. You're almost done."

barefootlife

9 Wands is the card that came up as my theme of the year when I did a spread for myself in January. On the Wild Unknown deck (the one I used), it's portrayed as a stairway in twilight that leads up to the moon. Over the past few months, I've come to kind of think of it as a 'when you're going through hell, keep going' kind of card. Burdens are heavy, things suck, but keep climbing, even though you don't really know where you're going to end up. There's a lesson at the end there somewhere.

Migdal93

Hi Migdal93, I think the 9 of Wands/Batons here probably means you're in a "final test" situation before achieving victory. Stay true to your beliefs and convictions and defend what you believe in. Although you may feel as though you have lost momentum, you have enough strength to achieve your goals. Although this situation appears difficult, you are in an advantageous position. This card asks you to be brave and patient as well, because by overcoming your current obstacles, you will be met with success.

Hope it helps.

Thank you very much elena, I would never had reached that conclusion by myself!

Migdal93

If a card keeps coming up, then the Deck is waving at you saying, "Hey, Reader, I've an important message for you. You really need to hear it..."

And the 9/Wands is actually a pretty clear message. Here's an interesting interpretation that isn't usually in the books..."If you want something done right, do it yourself." Which is all well and good...until you end up like our poor guy there: Exhausted and battered and over-extended from multi-tasking.

So, the question I'd ask you is...are you trying to do too much all by yourself? If the card is coming up over and over again, the deck may simply be saying, "Ask for help. Don't try to do it all on your own." Either that, or, as said, it could be telling you, "I know you're tried. But hang in there. You're almost done."

Thank you! I think this card is trying to tell me to "relax". I am not alone (thank god!) but I am a very anxious person and sometimes it does feel like I'm alone, which is not true. I believe it speaks to my anxious side!

Migdal93

9 Wands is the card that came up as my theme of the year when I did a spread for myself in January. On the Wild Unknown deck (the one I used), it's portrayed as a stairway in twilight that leads up to the moon. Over the past few months, I've come to kind of think of it as a 'when you're going through hell, keep going' kind of card. Burdens are heavy, things suck, but keep climbing, even though you don't really know where you're going to end up. There's a lesson at the end there somewhere.

Wow that deck never stops to amaze me.... Can't wait to grab a copy! That's such a beautiful way to show the meaning of this card. Thank you!