DruidCraft 2 of Swords

Imagemaker

Has anyone noticed the rabbit at the left edge, near the left path?

I was doing a reading related to a dream and pulled the Queen of Pents looking towards her rabbit, which is looking at me. I've recently learned the Rabbit is a Gatekeeper totem for me from Mi-Shell's Teaching Tent thread.

So when I pulled the 2 Swords as the next card (in a conversation with the tarot about my dream), I was surprised and excited to find a rabbit affirming my choice of which path (the one less traveled) I am to take.

I've been drawn to reading with the Druidcraft since I've been working with the symbolism of my Rabbit--and here's yet another sign!

fadestoblackk

Rabbit? I don't see a rabbit. But if you see one, what a great connection to this card.

Bat Chicken

Imagemaker said:
Has anyone noticed the rabbit at the left edge, near the left path?
I think I see what you think you are seeing - it looks like a gnarled tree root to me - but - why not a rabbit?

I hope you decide to share the info you have found on your Guardian Rabbit. I am sure it will be enlightening!

Imagemaker

Ooo, he's only appearing to me :)

I see a profile of a rabbit head, one eye, and about half of his ear reaching out toward the edge of the card.

Isn't it cool how the signs appear to the individual who is ready for the message?

Disa

ooooh I see it ! I see it ! ;)

Imagemaker

When I said in the Teaching Tent thread that in the last week, rabbits are appearing for me everywhere, I'm not kidding!

off topic:
There was one in the movie I just saw this afternoon--evidence of a man's innocence, discovered after the cruel Captain killed him--a rabbit in his hunting bag.

(Pan's Labyrinth--wow, what a movie!)

back to the two swords . . .

WalesWoman

What if she can't seem to get past that knarly tree right in front of her?

Sometimes we get so focused on our fears, real or imaginined, that we can't make any sort of choice or find peace of mind until we get past that one hurdle. Even tho' she can't see it unless she takes off the blindfold, she can sense it's presence...

Her nakedness makes her vulnerable, but she does have the red cloak of what drives her and could cover herself, if she so chose, she is covering her back. But the cloak is not actually part of her, it's something she chooses to wear... something she has to adopt in a way or adapt to... or learn how to wear it so it is more useful to her.

Skydancer

"Guardian of the choices we have to make." Hadn't thought of her in that light. I have recently drawn this card and I'm working on just what it means to me at this time. It's been troubling me today.

The second thing I thought about from your posts here - we wear clothing only partly to protect ourselves. Or identify ourselves (which is also protection) - but mostly its to present ourselves in a way that will illicit from targeted others a certain response that we desire.

*S*

MysticalMoose

Some really great reading in these threads. I just got this deck & have fallen totally in love am really excited about reading all thru these study threads! :D

She looks to me as if she knows whichever of the paths she takes will probably lead to trouble & doesnt want to upset the precarious balance that she has created ~ & she knows she cant just stay sitting there forever as it will soon get dark & then she wont be able to see either path :)

Disa

Voiceless said:
Also, I think it is interesting to note, as Disa said earlier, the road on the left is higher, 'take the high road'..but I notice that the higher path also leads into darker forest. The road on the right may be lower, but it also seems to lead towards the sun or out of the forest, as signified by the lighter patch of sky. In this way, both paths have their bonuses, I might be safer this way, I might be happier this way..however, it still doesn't make it any easier choosing one over the other, i.e. saying yes to one thing means saying no to another.

So, your post lead me to this... the higher path does lead into a darker forest. Often, making the morally correct choice is a more difficult path than taking the low road, or the easy way out. Just because it's easier, doesn't mean it's right-and once you choose the lower path, will you be able to live with the consequences?