Japaridze Tarot

weaver

I picked up my special-ordered copy of this today. Though the proof will be in working with and getting to know the deck over time, I am truly impressed with what I have seen so far. Certainly, the Japaridze Tarot should work well for use in meditation. I actually think it will prove to be a good reader, too. Time will tell. One thing is for sure, I like the deck very much.

Dark Victory '39

i'd love to hear how people's readings go w/ this. i'm 3/4 of the way to sold; the artwork reminds me a little of some of my more favorite cards in the elora tarot. Hmmm... just pondering over the eyeball/moon and get why it saved nina from the deck. Though, (this is horrible as i forget the deck that influenced this) but the one that had the neat titles: moon as 'leavening agent'... anyways i've been stealing that and using it in some readings and i can working w/ a leavening agent eyeball. Neat art.

Le Fanu

I'm sure I'll order this when it's easier to find. It reminds me a little of Tarot of the Spirit. God knows why as I know it looks nothing like it. Something in the concept perhaps.

It feels "conceptual" which is why I'm not diving in there, why I'm balking a little. I think of myself as an artsy, cerebral person but why do artsy, cerebral decks immediately make me think "won't read well"?

I almost think I sometimes need badly executed tarot art done by someone in a rush and a Llewellyn deadline to be able to read with it.

Cocobird55

It took me awhile to decide too, since I usually don't buy decks that I probably won't read with. But there was just something about this one...

GlitterNova

I'm sure I'll order this when it's easier to find. It reminds me a little of Tarot of the Spirit. God knows why as I know it looks nothing like it. Something in the concept perhaps.

This is a little off topic, but I have to thank you for mentioning the Tarot of the Spirit. I had never heard of it before and just looked it up, and it's absolutely amazing! Pretty much everything I've been looking in a deck. I just ordered it off Book Depository. And I totally see how it could be compared to the Japardize Tarot as well.

earthair

Glitternova- GMTA! Just ordered deck and the book. I had almost forgotten it was on my wish list until Le Fanu mentioned it (thanks!)

Japaridze is reading well for me, especially for creative work questions, but it's just too big too shuffle :( I've got to stop buying decks over 12cm long otherwise they just end up unused like Druidcraft and Medieval Scapini. Tarot of the Spirit looks like a better fit in every way.

agviz

Wow, I didn't know about Tarot of the Spirit either. It looks great. Another deck to want/buy. Is there no end to this madness? And they say cocaine is addictive. Me: "I can stop buying tarot decks anytime I want." Yeah right.

gregory

Wow, I didn't know about Tarot of the Spirit either. It looks great. Another deck to want/buy. Is there no end to this madness? And they say cocaine is addictive. Me: "I can stop buying tarot decks anytime I want." Yeah right.
*coughs*

avalonian

It reminds me a little of Tarot of the Spirit. God knows why as I know it looks nothing like it. Something in the concept perhaps.

I had the same feeling, I think it is something about the colours and the style of artwork on some of the cards. Had to check so my Tarot of the Spirit has now seen daylight again!
:) :D :)

Dark Victory '39

Saw this in a local metaphysical shop, and the temptation was too great to not leave w/ the deck in hand. I actually think its special. my first impressions through, were hmm... i wasn't sure about the colors, and liked the minors much more than the majors. Then i started reading the book and the descriptions for the cards are elegant; the writer has a nice way of just pointing out one or two details from the card instead of trying to decipher everything. The color photos in the book are just a tad larger and crisper, which is nice. It actually seems a pretty well balanced deck. And i like it whn decks have threads of aesthetic matchiness: like the wheel, lovers, and justice all looking similar. Or even the strange 4 wands and emporer having the (pen and ink?) figures. havn't read w/ it yet, but have spent lots of looking time which i never do unless i'm attracted, and is usually a positive sign.

i love all the bats in the swords. I was initially less crazy about the collage-y early majors: magician, high priestess etc, but after reading the descriptions i see better whats going on. i was worried about readibility but i would say more of the cards than not i'm not really struggling w/. THere's something really beautiful and scary about those courts. Probably shouldnt play this game, but i think i could also use the minors of this deck w/ my tarot of eden majors of which i never really happily resolved myself to its boring pips. means i will have to trim some of the eden borders. Hmmm....