Japaridze Tarot

rylla

Attachments

• Scan_20150111_204913_002.jpg
    Scan_20150111_204913_002.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 342

agviz

I guess I prefer a tight corner rounding for this deck. I used a 2mm rounder (see 2nd image in post #53). A 3mm might not be too bad either.

Nina*

Well, I decided to live with that Moon, because the rest of the deck is just stunning.

Received it today and can't wait to dig in deeper.
Thank you for all the reviews!

lightpers

I recieved it a few days ago,

I am so happy with it, it was like visiting Nino Japaridze's Art Gallery in one package, would like to thank you to U.S. Games for introducing it to me.

The deck has its own unique vibe to it, can't stop staring each cards...

Dark Victory '39

glad to see more people are jumping on board w/ this deck. I've had it for a couple months and have virtually ignored all my other decks (except ladybird's lovely antiquarian) and this one. I'm still trying to find the backs a 'mental sorbet' earthair. lol; so far i still find them so ugly. Thanks people for posting pix of your trim jobs. I've actually gotten about ten cards into painting the backs w/ some solar gold accents, nothing fancy just toying w/ ouroboros snake-making over the celtic weave. i don't think its going to be worth pix, and i think each back might be accented in gold differently to keep my attention-span up.

It's developed its own reading style, this deck; i have to say i've been quite influenced by the companion book. And while not a million times proud, there've been several instances where when stumped i've read the entry verbatim and used one of its pared down focal points, and its been pretty effective. i don't know if i'm at the point where i should just memorize it or what; seems quite inorganic, but i really like how sparsely its written; it throws the odd shaft of light that tweaks things in surprising ways.

agviz

Just had a wonderful reading with it moments ago and I thoroughly enjoyed how vividly the imagery communicates. I feel that I could tell a story with this deck, using only a few cards - or possibly just one.

Dark Victory '39

glad to hear it agviz! This is one of the few decks where i feel i could stay w/ a study group if one was formed. I would love to hear other people here read w/ it.

You guys doing anything interesting w/ the bats in the swords suit? i have a fondness for the sam's medicine cards companion book (which is the right mix of cheeky and compelling for me) and bats are often seen as harbringers of transition or initiation, both of which has seeped its way in to my readings.

Madrigal

I've read through this whole thread and am close to clicking submit on this one despite a few cards that I find jarring. How is this deck reading for folks? I'm not exactly a newbie but I'm not a oldie either so I'm wondering how it will read for me. The images inspire the poetess in me and I imagine I could travel far with this. I do have Tarot of the Spirit and really like that deck. Do I need another slightly similar one? Or is it different enough that I can happily purchase it.

The Moon card folks referenced I think is a fabulous rendering, a perfect blending of water and shadow and the luminous. I've spent time watching jelly fish that are similar to the image on this card. They float in a liminal, watery world and you wonder just what that kind of sentience is perceiving, full of mystery and darkness and the luminous light of their own watery bodies.

Le Fanu

I thought it was like the Tarot of the Spirit but that was a bit of an initial, superficial knee-jerk response based on hues and mood because - with use - it is infinitely more intuitive for me. It feels like a deck from a truly creative mind and makes the Tarot of the Spirit look a little formulaic.

I absolutely adore this deck. It feels that bit more ahead of many decks currently published in terms of artwork and vision. Jaded as I am, I never really expect many new decks to really hold my attention beyond a few months in the way that this deck has.

I keep going back to it, and the artwork is so refined and clever and - yes - subconscious, that it really is a powerful reading deck. It has a floatiness, an airiness and anchorlessness that can only really come from the subconscious mind, which is where tarot really should come from (does that sound unhinged?) I know nothing about the artist but I have tremendous admiration for her (and for U.S Games for spotting it).

The only odd thing about it is that when I do draws - daily draws, three card draws - I get an inordinate number of Courts coming up. I have no idea why, but it seems to happen so often that I have almost come to expect it. I don't think I have ever done a spread of more than one card in which I didn't get a Court card.

But it's a great reading deck and I love it's refined, ethereal air. Any questions, fire away but I have nothing but praise for this deck. And I do read with it, not just wallow in its hothouse, art-deck atmosphere.

HighPriestess

At first this deck looked way too busy for me but I saw some pictures in a review and it looks phenomenal, but I've bought so many decks this year and I should be taking the time to be with the decks I have.

Still it's on the wishlist.