Anyone totally give up tarot for lenormand

olivia1

Have any of you loved lenormand so much that you totally gave up tarot to focus on it? Obviously, anyone can study both. I simply really like lenormand so much that I don't really see a point to tarot anymore. However, I worry about losing my tarot skills and not having anyone to work with when I decide to go back.

Also do you all think that tarot is so popular simply because more people know about it or do people simply find tarot easier to learn? It's such a downer because I would love to really get into lenormand but it's hard because it's difficult to find someone on my lenormand skill level (not a complete engineer but def not someone too advanced).

snowmoon

Have any of you loved lenormand so much that you totally gave up tarot to focus on it? Obviously, anyone can study both. I simply really like lenormand so much that I don't really see a point to tarot anymore. However, I worry about losing my tarot skills and not having anyone to work with when I decide to go back.

Also do you all think that tarot is so popular simply because more people know about it or do people simply find tarot easier to learn? It's such a downer because I would love to really get into lenormand but it's hard because it's difficult to find someone on my lenormand skill level (not a complete engineer but def not someone too advanced).

hi, i cannot give up the tarot, because of working as professional...

i think the reason of why tarot is popular is that, the system. (mans are usually draw to the system)

and most people do tarot by themselves, perhaps the relationship questions? wow it is seems accurate ...
what does he think of me? most of them , even they don't know how to read tarot, they use cc spread, 7 cards, or 10 cards. you know what i mean..

thank-you.

olivia1

hi, i cannot give up the tarot, because of working as professional...

i think the reason of why tarot is popular is that, the system. (mans are usually draw to the system)

and most people do tarot by themselves, perhaps the relationship questions? wow it is seems accurate ...
what does he think of me? most of them , even they don't know how to read tarot, they use cc spread, 7 cards, or 10 cards. you know what i mean..

thank-you.

Interesting but the lenormand cards in my experience seem more cut and dry. The tarot is so open ended, one could easily mistake friendly affections for romance. Lenormand seems more specific and I'm amazed not many more prefer it. Here is an example. I had a crush on a guy and asked if he'd reply. I think if I would've used tarot that I would have easily mistook any cards dealing with an emotional connection as romantic interest. However, I used lenormand cards and the dog came up. That made it clear if he were to reply, it would only be in a friendly way Not to be confused with romantic interest. He did reply and he seemed friendly. Actually, he responded as if we already knew each other.

snowmoon

Interesting but the lenormand cards in my experience seem more cut and dry. The tarot is so open ended, one could easily mistake friendly affections for romance. Lenormand seems more specific and I'm amazed not many more prefer it. Here is an example. I had a crush on a guy and asked if he'd reply. I think if I would've used tarot that I would have easily mistook any cards dealing with an emotional connection as romantic interest. However, I used lenormand cards and the dog came up. That made it clear if he were to reply, it would only be in a friendly way Not to be confused with romantic interest. He did reply and he seemed friendly. Actually, he responded as if we already knew each other.

hi, I'm happy to hear that you got reply from him, because the mice cards shows up.

mistook any cards dealing with an emotional connection as romantic interest.

not only tarot, i do see people mistook by lenormand cards well.

also, maybe because they want to master the GT, so all of the questions, they use GT to answer for some people.

DownUnderNZer

The Lenormand came before the Tarot, really speaking, and if I was to choose between the two - "Adios Tarot! See you in a different life time!!! Maybe 10!!!!". :D

DND :)

olivia1

The Lenormand came before the Tarot, really speaking, and if I was to choose between the two - "Adios Tarot! See you in a different life time!!! Maybe 10!!!!". :D

DND :)

That's how I feel now but I'd hate for all of those years studying to just go away and be wasted...though I do have more faith in lenormand than tarot

Le Fanu

I think it's often just phases. I have noticed this myself. I sometimes think - what am I DOING reading with the tarot, Lenormand is much better - then I change my mind and think the opposite. I rotate - tarot, Lenormand, Sibilla, Oracles, playing cards - each time peeling off a different layer and wondering what I saw in the others.

I'm currently in a phase where I find Lenormand exasperating, but that will change. I have often wondered WHY am I reading with decks which are not the Thoth!

Barleywine

When I first picked up Lenormand, I was looking for a new challenge after studying and working with tarot for just short of four decades. So I went all-in with it for a while. But Lenormand doesn't provide deep esoteric, philosophical or psychological nuances the way tarot does (if that's what I'm after). I see them as different tools for different purposes, the way astrology and geomancy are different from both. Lenormand's archetypes seem more immediate, even "domestic," while tarot's can take more contemplation to absorb. This makes their story-telling aspects quite different, in my experience.

Village Witch

That's how I feel now but I'd hate for all of those years studying to just go away and be wasted...though I do have more faith in lenormand than tarot

The time you spent with Tarot was a learning and growing experience, a foundation that lead you to Lenormand. Learning/Education can never be wasted.

I didn't find my niche with Tarot. Lenormand opened doors for me. Then along came Kipper. I am loving Kipper. Who knows what will next be my fancy. :-D

When I first picked up Lenormand, I was looking for a new challenge after studying and working with tarot for just short of four decades. So I went all-in with it for a while. But Lenormand doesn't provide deep esoteric, philosophical or psychological nuances the way tarot does (if that's what I'm after). I see them as different tools for different purposes, the way astrology and geomancy are different from both. Lenormand's archetypes seem more immediate, even "domestic," while tarot's can take more contemplation to absorb. This makes their story-telling aspects quite different, in my experience.

I'm just the opposite. I wanted more of the everyday, immediate, concrete readings that make me feel more accomplished. Sitters love it too.

nightowlwoman

I just let myself obsess about what I'm into and I don't worry about it. I read tarot professionally so, I continue to practice Tarot, but I've been learning Lenormand recently and I love it for it's simplicity. I read Lenormand, tarot, and other oracle cards. They all have draw for me for different reasons.