Stuck On A Desert Island: You Can Only Choose One Oracle

missy

So, let's say you were stuck on a desert island, and you could only choose one oracle to go with you. :party:

Which one would you choose, and why?

You are going to be stuck on that island for a long time, perhaps forever. So choose carefully! You will have *one* deck. Which will it be?

EDITED TO ADD: If you could take a second, back-up oracle, which would it be and why? The faeries probably won't let you take a second oracle with you, but perhaps if you asked very nicely they would. But don't count on it! })

Alta

Froud Faeries. I have quite a few oracles but it is the one that speaks to me.

For a back-up it would not be a deck but my Druid Sticks, which are based on geomancy.

Alta

Bernice

The Symbolon.

As a backup, playing cards, Tally Ho deck.

Bee :)

thorhammer

I agonised for a minute between my beautiful Les Vieux Jours Lenormand and Froud's Faeries . . . then I realised there's not going to be much happening on the desert island and what I'd really want would be company.

So Froud's Faeries, hands down.

\m/ Kat

.traveller.

At first I was horrified at the very thought, then I considered that I might want a water-proof deck, then I really started thinking about the whole concept and wondered... What would you read about on a desert island? "Will I be rescued today?" would get kind of old after a while.

So I think I would want a large quantity of blank cards, lots of pencils, a pencil sharpener, and an eraser or two. That would be my deck of choice.

SherryZoned

Well if I could not do what .Traveller. is doing I would choose the Pathfinder Totem Animal oracle.

cardlady22

No contest! My hand-made Neopets playing card oracle! It's even laminated in business card-size pouches. :grin:
I spent so much time researching both sides of the "lore" that it is part of me now.

ETA: The back-up would probably be the Astrologisches Lenormand.

ravenwynter

playing cards..for two reasons..oracle and solitare LOL

thorhammer

missy_ said:
EDITED TO ADD: If you could take a second, back-up oracle, which would it be and why? The faeries probably won't let you take a second oracle with you, but perhaps if you asked very nicely they would. But don't count on it! })
Ah. Well, again . . . not much is going to *happen*, is it now? So really, the Lenormand would be wasted . . . and I could gift it to an appreciative ATer in my absence :D

So I'd say . . . the Luman: Dreaming in Colour deck. It's too beautiful to leave behind!

\m/ kat

Manda

I want to say Froud's, but I am pretty sure they do not need my help surviving a shipwreck and I am sure they wouldn't get stranded on a desert island. :grin: I would fully expect them to show up and chastise me for getting myself into the mess.

So, since it is a given the Froud's will be there, I would take the Celtic Shaman's Pack and delve deep, since I would have plenty of time!