Playing Card Oracles ~ Alchemy Edition

Madrigal

Greatdane, my understanding is that the original version of the older deck is OOP. AFAIK the current USG version differs from the original most obviously in the size and cardbacks which now have a border of cream. The design on the back is lovely but it's been fairly reduced by the borders. It would be great to have the original borderless backs available again. The front of the cards are borderless.

greatdane

Thanks Madrigal

I didn't really notice the backs much in the video I saw. It was centered on the front images.

greatdane

I like the deck with more colors, which is the older one?

In looking at the video I saw, there was a more vividly-colored one that was larger and a smaller one that was more somber. And it had playing card symbols overlaid on the fronts more. Looking at US Games site, it seems it's the one I don't want that is the one being offered.

lark

The deck with more colors is the new one.
It comes in two sizes and you can get it from Anna's website.
The older US Games version has a yellow back ground and is less colorful.
I finally bought the smaller new version and really liked the PDF file that comes with it.
The meanings added a lot to my understanding of the cards...along with the book of course.
But for some reason they were really clear to me.
I have all three decks the Original the US Games and now the new one..I like the oldest original best, but the new one is growing on me.
My first reading with it was spooky accurate.

greatdane

Thanks Lark!

I just visited Ana's site before coming back here, as I figured that would tell me and yes, it's the NEWEST one I want and the one not on Amazon yet and I guess won't be? I think this is just going to be from Ana's site.
The one on US Games and Amazon I can tell is the older one. I LOVE the newer one. I love the large cards, and I'm sure they're well worth the price, but getting the larger cards and the book would be too hard on the wallet right now. And the smaller deck would be easier to shuffle anyway :). Look for that silver lining lol. I would have a problem shuffling the large one.

lark

I just visited Ana's site before coming back here, as I figured that would tell me and yes, it's the NEWEST one I want and the one not on Amazon yet. At least not that I can tell. The one on US Games and Amazon is the older one. I LOVE the newer one. I love the large cards, and I'm sure they're well worth the price, but getting the larger cards and the book would be too hard on the wallet right now. And the smaller deck would be easier to shuffle anyway :). Look for that silver lining lol. I would have a problem shuffling the large one.

You will like the smaller deck, the card stock is wonderful and a joy to shuffle.
Now lets talk about the book...there are two books now lol... her new one is available on Amazon, and the older book is still available too...that one is mainly about the deck the system and the card meanings.
You used to be able to get a free down load of the first book on her site I don't know if you can anymore.
It comes in the older version deck kit or you can get it alone.
But you should do fine with the PDF file and a deck to start...you'll want to get the original first book at some point though.

greatdane

Lark

I see a book on Amazon and I prefer a book rather than a download. I like to just buy a book book. That one is about 14 on Amazon. Is that the one you're referring to? I was thinking that book from Amazon and the small deck from her site. Should that be enough?
Thanks for your thoughts, Lark!

lark

I see a book on Amazon and I prefer a book rather than a download. I like to just buy a book book. That one is about 14 on Amazon. Is that the one you're referring to? I was thinking that book from Amazon and the small deck from her site. Should that be enough?
Thanks for your thoughts, Lark!
Yes, the book you want is called The Playing Card Oracle.. A source book for divination.
It is black with a lady on the cover..
I so prefer a book to...hate reading stuff off the computer...I printed out the PDF right a way and put it in a plastic folder cover when I got the newer deck.
Yes, the book a deck and the PDF will be all that you need to get going.
I've been using this deck for years now it is always on my reading table, I've tried a lot of different playing card systems but this one I like the best.

This is the book you want for meanings.

http://www.amazon.com/Playing-Card-Oracles-Book-Companion/dp/1572815221/ref=pd_bxgy_b_text_y

Madrigal

Oh gosh, the book is wonderful! I've been perusing it here and there this afternoon.

greatdane

Thanks Lark and Madrigal

Lark if I have the book do I NEED the pdf? My printer doesn't work and I like having a book in my hands. I have this on my wish list and will likely get next month. I want to get the book and the cards together. I have never cared for playing cards because I like the visual aspect of pictures, images and this is the best of both, it seems. Love the art.