The Book of The Law Study Group 3.58

Always Wondering

3+5+8=16

HYA: he, she, it; she; she is, was

Just to balance out Crowley's commentary some. ;)

AW

Zephyros

3+5+8=16

HYA: he, she, it; she; she is, was

Just to balance out Crowley's commentary some. ;)

AW

I'm a little confused as to how you arrived at HYA. By my count, I see G-H-Chet

Richard

I feel like a dunce, thanks :)

Gimatria always gives me trouble, as I don't "buy" it. .A connection could be made with any word on that list
Especially with היא , which is just a pronoun. I think AW may have been joking.

I began to take Gematria more seriously when I encountered נחש and משיח (both 358), which helped with some theological issues I had. It seemed to confirm Gnostic speculation about the relation between the Christ and the Snake.

Zephyros

Especially with היא , which is just a pronoun. I think AW may have been joking.

I began to take Gematria more seriously when I encountered נחש and משיח (both 358), which helped with some theological issues I had. It seemed to confirm Gnostic speculation about the relation between the Christ and the Snake.

But 358 is also "sharp beak," "Liverpool" and "Kabbalah is shit."

http://www.c2kb.com/gematria/?word=358&x=28&y=27

And, of course, contracted, we have the Devil. Still, of all the factors in the deck, Gimatria is the one that makes me go "cool" but not usually more than that.

Richard

But 358 is also "sharp beak," "Liverpool" and "Kabbalah is shit."

http://www.c2kb.com/gematria/?word=358&x=28&y=27

And, of course, contracted, we have the Devil. Still, of all the factors in the deck, Gimatria is the one that makes me go "cool" but not usually more than that.

Thanks for the link.

I think there has to be more than just a numerical equivalence in order for there to be a connection. Interesting about the Devil being a contraction. That may be significant. })

ETA. Tarot cards may be a bit goofy too. I try not to think about that. :)

Zephyros

Thanks for the link.

I think there has to be more than just a numerical equivalence in order for there to be a connection. Interesting about the Devil being a contraction. That may be significant. })

There are English sites that do the same, but force of habit, etc. You can input both a word and a number in the search box.

As to the Devil, as the descent into matter (The great cosmic shag!) it makes sense in this verse, if, according to the commentary, the people portrayed here are different angles of controlling and following one's own will, thus living up to their "stardom" and creating their own universes. In a sense, they are all "devils," the creative forces of their existence. That they are "brothers" could infer that they are each following their own orbits in perfect harmony. They are the phallus of the universe.

And yes, you're right, it's always a question of what goofiness you choose to buy into. :)

Always Wondering

I think AW may have been joking.

Yes, I was. I was poking at Crowley's dominate use of "he" as pronoun in the commentary. But as I have to explain it, I guess it wasn't very funny. :(

I've had a hard time with gematria myself.

AW