I think the Thoth is calling me... but why?

dawntarot

Thank you for the link, closrapexa, I look forward to reading that. :)

Just sat and looked at each card and I feel awestruck. Really, I've never seen anything like this. It's like staring at optical illusions, or Rorschach inkblots, or a kaleidoscope. The level of detail is just. Wow. And it makes me want to ask so many questions: why are there windmills all over the Swords? Why are the Disks so macabre? What do the animals mean? Where is the moon in The Moon? What medium were they painted in? And why? Why? Why?

I thought I wasn't a Thoth person, but I also think I am wrong. This deck has piqued my curiosity so, so much. Already.

I picked up my 1JJ straight after and even in this simple deck there are so many details I've missed. Some of them quite obviously significant ones, like: all the Kings are seated, none of the other court cards are.

Oh my, I'm gushing. But I really am just astonished. This is amazing.

Dawn :love:

Saker

Dawn, I get what you're feeling. It was the same way for me with the Thoth. It felt "right" from the very beginning, even the way the cards feel and shuffle. They have their own energy that, apparently complements mine. The images are startling, beautiful, amazing. I've been working with it for over a year now, and am still finding nuances that I never noticed before. I doubt I will ever seriously use another deck.

Fianic

The windmills are swastikas, they represent the fact that all objects are under constant motion, no matter how still they are.

Emily

Had a bit of a rethink after my last post about your getting a LWB, and considering how good USGAMES customer services are, try emailing them and asking for a replacement. There should have been one in with the deck so it's a problem from their end.

The booklet is 49 pages long and is a valuable resource for the deck. It must be one of the few LWB's that I have read and keep with the deck. :)

Zephyros

Emily, can you tell me the name of the author of the second, divinatory section of the booklet? Like I said, I lost mine. I seem to remember Paul something, although I could be making it up.

Richard

My booklet just says (on the cover):

BY JAMES WASSERMAN
Plus two essays written by Lady Frieda Harris with commentary and footnotes by Stuart R. Kaplan.

Emily

Emily, can you tell me the name of the author of the second, divinatory section of the booklet? Like I said, I lost mine. I seem to remember Paul something, although I could be making it up.

I thought I'd already posted here but I couldn't have done - I looked at my oldest LWB with my greenie Thoth and can't find any mention of any other authors for the LWB. There is a suggested reading list of books with various authors, maybe that is what you are remembering.

Also I love the PDF of the LWB, I've saved a copy in case I ever have to print it out. :)