Llewellyn 2003 Tarot Calendar

Jewel

I was wondering if anyone knew if Llewellyn was going to publish a 2003 Tarot Calendar. I have been getting this calendar for 3 years and love it! I have seen their other 2003 calendars come out but no sight of the Tarot Calendar. If anyone has any info on this I would be very interested. Thanks!

Melvis

Hi!

There was a thread a while back about this...sorry to say, no more calendars! You can find the thread here.

It makes me sad because I missed getting the 2002 calendar! What kind of stuff did it have in it? I suppose there was astrological information? Pictures of decks?

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

amyel

Melvis said:
It makes me sad because I missed getting the 2002 calendar! What kind of stuff did it have in it? I suppose there was astrological information? Pictures of decks?

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE
Yes. I think Jewel was posting each month's "theme" and any spreads for the month. Ithought it was Jewel. But if, I can try to photocopy some of it for you & send it your way, Melvis. Just PM me, if you want this.....

Jewel

~Sighs with sadness~ ... Thanks Melvis ... I e-mailed Llewellyn yesterday and they confirmed that it was discontinued. I am so sad ... Perhaps I should go into the calendar business *LOL*.

Amyel ... yes it is me posting the spread of the month from this calendar. I have 3 of the calendars (2000, 2001 & 2002) so I will just go back and use the spreads from the 3 once January arrives.

Melvis, the kind of stuff the calendar contains is:
- each month features a deck. A large card, and article related to tarot by carious popular authors, and a spread of the month. In addition portions of other cards from the deck appear in the calendar itself (i.e. today there is the King of Swords from the Tarots de Bologna - deck of the month). Each day includes astrological correspondence (i.e. today is 4th Virgo), and the moon phase and what sign it is in.

- Following the calendar there are various articles. This year there is one on creating your own deck. There are also images from other decks, Tarot resources (our own Aeclectic is listed in it!), and all other sorts of great info.

I am SOOOOOO BUMMED! :(

Now what am I supposed to do for a calendar? I suppose just settle for some other type ...

Phoenix

I am so ticked off!! I missed out on the 2002 calendar, and now they are discontinunig it! I guess I will just get the Llewellyn Astrology calandar!

Strega

That's sad... :(

Do you know why it was discontinued?

Keslynn

Hmmm. I wonder if a mass e-mail requesting the return of the tarot calendar would work. Not even many e-mails, perhaps just a big petition? That would probably be less annoying and make them more inclined to listen. Even if it's too late to start making one for 2003, it might spur future editions.

:) Kes

catlin

Ohhh, no more tarot calendar?! This is a bad news on a bad day *sniff* but I like the idea with the petition! If you set up such a thingy don't forget to inform me because you can count me in!

Jewel

Keslynn what a wonderful idea!!!! I wonder what would be the most effective way to do that? It would be neat to have the petition as a sticky here on Aeclectic, but where everyone could go in and sign it (not as separate posts but on the document itself.) Then we could mail it in and keep our fingers crossed that a 2004 Tarot Calendar is the result.

I will not have time to draft it up this month, but I can in early November. If someone else could get a jump on this beforehand that would be great! As Aeclectic was listed in the Tarot Calendar as a resource, it would be very neat to have a petition for it coming from the Aeclectic community.

evangelion

An awesome idea (the petition)! I'm pretty ticked off I didnt find the 2002 calendar, and now....THERE WONT BE A 2003?! Oh man, what luck. Let's hope we'll have a chance to make ourselves heard though. Otherwise, I might just have to come up with a calendar (Mr procrastinator speaking here :p).