What mnemonics and data sets do you use with your decks?

SunChariot

Wow! That's way too much work for me! If I had had to do all that I think I would have never had the stamina to learn to be a reader. I don't do any of that. I just feel what the symbols mean inside me and what an image is trying to say to me anew each time. Works fine for me and I never had any complaints about my readings.

Babs

6 Haunted Days

SunChariot said:
Wow! That's way too much work for me! If I had had to do all that I think I would have never had the stamina to learn to be a reader. I don't do any of that. I just feel what the symbols mean inside me and what an image is trying to say to me anew each time. Works fine for me and I never had any complaints about my readings.

Babs

Yea, I know. It would remind me too much of my college days!

Rosanne

Well I guess it depends how much time you have and what your interests in Tarot lean toward. I used to read for sitters for many years. Now I don't. I am interested in the cards themselves and their history so I have to organise myself.
I detect a hint of derision,in a few posts for anything but free flow Tarot and that "Go with the flow Bro" attitude. Nothing wrong with being a student of Tarot and a methodical attitude.It is nothing to do with laziness or Tarot productiveness and nothing is counter-productive to each individual use of Tarot. Each to their own. The question was how does one (who does) organize their Tarot information (Mnemonics & data sets). If you don't thats fine, but don't knock those who do. Start your own thread asking "who does not have a crushing grip on Tarot like me" or something free flow like that.
~Rosanne

SunChariot

No no no, no derision at all. I would never ever put someone down for their beliefs. To me Tarot is a very individual path and we all have to find the way that best resonates with our souls. That is of course different for everyone. Just said it was not my path to do that, there is nothing wrong with it being someone else's. All paths are equally valid if they feel right and let us read as we want to.

Exactly, the question was how we organise these things, that was simply my answer that I don't and it would not interest me to do so. There is nothing wrong with it if it interests you, and it is perfectly normal for everyone to have different interests. It's just not my path, and the question was about what each of us do/feel personally.

Babs

jmd

Personally, and for personal work, I tend to use a combination of three things: for the trumps (or Majors), the Tree of Life (in my own peculiar manner - Cf my webpage); for the courts, the MBTI (Cf this Newsletter; and for the pips, key words and the suit itself.

Not sure if that is precisely what you had in mind with the question...

Of course, first and foremost is the card and its image, and the relation this has to its own symbolic harkening.

mac22

Rosanne said:
Well I guess it depends how much time you have and what your interests in Tarot lean toward. I used to read for sitters for many years. Now I don't. I am interested in the cards themselves and their history so I have to organise myself.
I detect a hint of derision,in a few posts for anything but free flow Tarot and that "Go with the flow Bro" attitude. Nothing wrong with being a student of Tarot and a methodical attitude.It is nothing to do with laziness or Tarot productiveness and nothing is counter-productive to each individual use of Tarot. Each to their own. The question was how does one (who does) organize their Tarot information (Mnemonics & data sets). If you don't thats fine, but don't knock those who do. Start your own thread asking "who does not have a crushing grip on Tarot like me" or something free flow like that.
~Rosanne

Very well put & I agree....

Mac22

mac22

jmd said:
Personally, and for personal work, I tend to use a combination of three things: for the trumps (or Majors), the Tree of Life (in my own peculiar manner - Cf my webpage); for the courts, the MBTI (Cf this Newsletter; and for the pips, key words and the suit itself.

Not sure if that is precisely what you had in mind with the question...

Of course, first and foremost is the card and its image, and the relation this has to its own symbolic harkening.

Exactly what I had in mine..... thanks.

I too use ToL glyph to "hang" data on as well as other glyphs.

mac22

6 Haunted Days

Rosanne said:
~Rosanne

Hmmm, never implied that at all. I know for some, they enjoy the more structered approach, others less so. I see none as being somehow "better". Not sure where anyone implied or said anything was better or worse, perhaps your own misperception?

He asked about how we go about organizing things and memory devices, I happen to use my head and a journal is all and said so, how anyone can get derision from anyone's response here I can't fathom.

firemaiden

HI Mac, I'm curious. Do you read with memorised meanings then?

mac22

firemaiden said:
HI Mac, I'm curious. Do you read with memorised meanings then?

No....... it's a mix of Inspiration, intuition along with various symbolic & meanings drawn from my memory storehouse. Since new things are added & new connections made in memory it grows & expands.

N.B. This NOT rote memory I'm referring to.:)

Mac22