LS Mona Lisa Tarot Book?

rwcarter

Hmmm.... :(

Hopefully Ric will chime in to verify that bit of very unfortunate news....

Rodney

SphinYote

Looks like I might order my backup copy without waiting for the set, then. I'd been holding off, but I do like this deck and wanted a second copy for the collection so I'd not feel guilty using a copy.

Riccardo, if you happen to see this, is there going to be an Italian release of the book? I would be very interested in it in either language.

shadowdancer

really frustrating there.... I won't get on my high horse in fairness as Ric may be able to shed light. This deck screamed out for a book but there you go.

Davina

Onyx

shadowdancer said:
really frustrating there.... I won't get on my high horse in fairness as Ric may be able to shed light. This deck screamed out for a book but there you go.

Davina

The kicker is that Marck McElroy has already written the book but it simply hasn't been published yet. That is what makes the wait seem so long to me. But wait I will, with hope that sometime, next year, I will get my own copy.

Onyx.

Metafizzypop

The word is that it's not being published at all. See my post on page 4.

Onyx

Metafizzypop said:
The word is that it's not being published at all. See my post on page 4.

Not that surprised. I fell in love with the deck from the Los History book. I have been little by little working wth it. I hope if they don"t publish the material they make it available in p.o.d. format at least.

Onyx.

Metafizzypop

If anything is in p.o.d. format (Pissed Off Definitely) it's probably Mark McElroy. If he spent his time writing the book, and LS isn't publishing it, then he wasted a lot of time.

Frankly, I'm not surprised either, about this. LS has a lot of arty decks that don't have books but could really use them. To me, the Mona Lisa Tarot is a cinch compared to some of their other decks.

rwcarter

I've sent Riccardo a PM asking him to post in this thread when he gets a chance to address what Metafizzypop was told.

midniteeye

i have been holding back in purchasing this deck, because i was hoping for a deluxe combo deck with book, cards, and maybe even a bag. if they are not gonna publish the book, then at least make it known, so i can go ahead and buy the deck.

RiccardoLS

I have mainly bad news.

The book is not being published in 2010 either. And so we just sent word to LL to cancel it for the time being.

What is LS going to do?
Still undecided. Publishing the book seems more stupid now that the Mona Lisa is a two years old child. Yet we promised it. And Mark is willing to return writing about Tarot (I really missed him).
Sooo...

I can tell that nothing will happen soon.
And yet we talk about the Mona Lisa in all production meetings.
I think (but that just imho) we will realease the book next year as a free pdf.

I'm sorry :(

ric