It's All in the Cards: Tarot Reading Made Easy

Emily

I noticed this too - but as I read the book - they are not mentioned again so I just use the ones I'm used to - Swords/Air, Wands/Fire. :)

tarotbear

When in Rome ....

Ah! The elemental arguement!

In my mind, use whatever you are accustomed to, because it won't greatly affect the outcome of the interpretation if you are seeing Air but talking Fire. The elemental stuff is vastly important if you are using Kabbalah and this King is 'The Water of Fire" or 'The King of the Earth of Air' - stuff I think gets too involved and only really is meaningful to the reader and not the querent in most cases. I tried not to focus heavily on the elemental end of things because i wanted to keep the book as simple as I could.

In my usage, based on my extensive use of the Robin Wood deck, Wands are Fire and the cards have sun, flame, and desert attributes drawn right on the cards. Ms. Wood also does the same things with the Swords which have clouds and Air attributes designed right onto the clothing of the characters. If you see Swords as Fire, you must then have a hard time using the Wood deck?

PS - Page 8 does say 'it COULD look like this' - which leaves it open for the reader to interpret/disinterpret as they choose. Many people disagree with the seasonal attributes, too. They are based on my interpretation of the RWS cards. However ... If I ever get consulted about typos - did everyone catch the one on page 10? - I could have this chart changed.

addendum 2-8-05 - According to my managing editor, my book is now in its second printing, so any changes of any kind (such as the chart - if I take enough heat) will have to wait until the next printing.

--> --> He also told me that my second manuscript - the men's tarot book- is in the acquistions department at present -- keep those fingers and toes crossed! LOL!

Scion

tarotbear said:
Page 8 does say 'it COULD look like this' - which leaves it open for the reader to interpret/disinterpret as they choose. Many people disagree with the seasonal attributes, too.

Exactly my point... Very slick use of the subjunctive. :)

tarotbear said:
He also told me that my second manuscript - the men's tarot book- is in the acquistions department at present -- keep those fingers and toes crossed! LOL!

Congrats! All extremities are now crossed on your behalf. And it's purely selfish. I really want to READ this book, ergo it needs to be published.

Scion

Stregaverde

Pardon any typos, as I currently have all fingers and toes crossed that you get your second book published, and soon! A men's tarot guide sounds like something fantastic and much-needed--I've seen guides for women, bad girls, teens, all kinds of targeted female audiences, but nothing male. Good for you!!!

I'm asking for It's All In The Cards for my birthday from my mom. :)

cardreaper

Great Book

Just bought this great book. It is called It's All In The CARDS. This book is by our very own member Tarotbear. The book explains all about the meaning and history of they cards. It also explains the basic spreads in detail. It is great because all the tarot books i have they all forget the same thing that is the history behind it. This book has all the things to be succesful in tarot. I would totaly recommend this book. Thank you once again Tarotbear.

CardReaper

Fulgour

My post was a link to this (now merged) thread.

jmd

Just a quick note to mention that the two threads on Tarotbear's book have been merged.

tarotbear

It's Official!

According to my publisher, the second printing of 4086 copies of my book was delivered to New Jersey on 1-5-05, bringing the total number of books published to 9398, with 5618 total copies sold thus far.

That means the first edition has completely sold out. Let us hope they made the corrections I specified before the second edition went to print!

Cagedflame

Wow- 8 area libraries have copies of this book, including my local library. I didn't expect them to have something this relatively new. I'll definitely have to borrow a copy next time I'm there, and if it's as good as everyone says, I'll have to buy one to have on hand.

tatsi

Great book --> What corrections have you requested?

tarotbear said:
According to my publisher, the second printing of 4086 copies of my book was delivered to New Jersey on 1-5-05, bringing the total number of books published to 9398, with 5618 total copies sold thus far.

That means the first edition has completely sold out. Let us hope they made the corrections I specified before the second edition went to print!

Tarotbear,

This is a great book!

I was wondering in a nut-shell what changes/corrections you requested for the second printing? Based on your posts I know that the updates may or may not make it into the second printing, but I would like to know so I can write in the updates to my book.

Thanks.

tatsi