Tarot Basics: Least & Favorite Suit Assignment

Shelma_Star

My favourite suit is Swords. It's the suit I can relate the most. To me, swords represent the endeless quest of truth, which can sometimes be difficult, painful or even fruitless. Still we have to go on searching, using mental clarity and justice, or else we'll never fully realise our own potential.

My least favourite suit is Pentacles. I find it hard, and even boring sometimes, to have to deal with "earthly matters" such as resources and material security. Still, I do appreciate the advice this suit can offer. It's very useful to get a card that grounds you back to reality every now and then!

Dogmother

My favorite suit is Swords. I live in my mind so the swords are the suit I'm most comfortable with, most familiar with. I can "feel" the swords more easily than I can the traditional "feeling" suit of Cups. The Swords for me cut through the bs and lead to clarity.

Least favorite suit for me is Pentacles. I'm a bit surprised at this since Pentacles always seems so innocuous for me. Obey the rules, apply yourself, learn the basics, interact with community responsibly......nothing wrong with any of that. I think the mundane nature of the Pentacles makes their lessons harder for me to integrate into my life.

chickeypie

My favourite suit is the Cups as it is about emotions and the spirtual side of life. I see myself as the Page/Queen of Cups because of my looks and personality. However lately I am feeling a shift towards Wands and an aspiration to be the firey confident Page/Queen of Wands. I think that is repesenative of my life path journey and when I have learned from Wands I will move on to Swords.

Least favourite is Swords as they are cold and to the point, logicial and bright - traits I wish I could have more but I find that people like this often can come across as uncareing. Of course there is the "Nightmare" card 9 of Swords, the "Heartbreak" card 3 of Swords, the "Blocked Emotions" card the 2 of Swords and the "In a prision of your own making" card the 8 of Swords in this suit. It is a very direct suit. Tell it like it is, no nonsense suit, which is something I have to accept as needed for growing.

Brilliance

Ugh... Swords are the worst.

My favorite suit is the suit of Wands.
My least favorite suit is the suit of Swords.

Ballerina

That's funny Brilliance because my favorite is Swords and my least favorite is Wands.

I agree with this comment on Swords from Dogmother in 2009:

"My favorite suit is Swords. I live in my mind so the swords are the suit I'm most comfortable with, most familiar with. I can "feel" the swords more easily than I can the traditional "feeling" suit of Cups. The Swords for me cut through the bs and lead to clarity."

MaryQC

My favourite is swords, simply because in most decks the imagery is beautiful and clear. The meanings of the suit of swords are very intuitive for me.

My least favourite is cups. The artwork is often pretty, but the meanings feel vague and lackadaisical to me. I have a hard time differentiating between the cards and other than hazy emotions, I don't get much meaning from them.

Lareia

My favourite is the Swords suit. Perhaps because it represents the realm of the mind and that one has always been the one I felt most home in, so to speak? Not that I think I'm super smart or anything, but I'm definitely living inside of my own mind. Too much so, often...
(Okay, I admit it, I'm also a fan of swords. :D)

My least favourite is probably the Pentacles suit. If you guessed that I'm not a very grounded person, you were right. I often feel a bit detached from the suit, I have trouble connecting to it. I've seen many pentacles cards that were easy to connect to, but as a whole it's difficult for me.

I know- and have known for a while- that it would be good for me to get out of my own head every once in a while, but it's proving to be somewhat difficult to keep that up...

AnemoneRosie

I struggle the most with cups. I'm a very emotional person at times, but I express them through the swords (fears, anxieties) rather than through... whatever emotions the cups represent I suppose. See why I find them challenging?

If you had asked me a few months ago which I preferred I would have said swords, for this reason. I like them because they seem so aspirational to me and I find them inspiring. However, I'm getting away from them and into the pentacles. I'd struggled with pentacles for a long time because I'm somewhat against capitalist systems and so struggle with the money/career aspect of things. But as I develop an appreciation for grounding, being grounded, and having a sense of rootedness I appreciate the pentacles more and more.

Ace of Pentacles

Pents are my fav
Swords are my least fav