Urban tarot

shadowdancer

Howdy :)

Saw this deck was in the process of created, but hadn't seen any reference to it here. (Apologies if there has been a link and I missed it).

If you just type Urban tarot and Robert Scott, you will be taken to the website where a few images from across the deck are shown.

I loved the Majors, but didn't quite fall for the pips so I may pass. Pretty hard hitting and thought provoking. I think he is doing a really good job with it.

VGimlet

It is a very cool deck, also funded on kickstarter. The artist is keeping those of us who backed the deck updated on the creation process of the deck, which I am personally finding very interesting. :D

Eeviee

Three of Swords

"Sorrow" with it's bathtub draining blood with a bloody razor blade may have just sold me...
I have yet to see a self-injury reference in Tarot elsewhere...

magpie9

Really interesting deck....I don't know if I'll want it, but when it comes up for general sale I hope someone will post that here. Who would you read with it for, and what kind of questions, do you think?

Chara

There was a thread about it earlier, but not much happened in it.

Also, I think the updates are open to the public...I don't know if I can link to the Kickstarter now -- I mean, in theory I should be able to, since it's over and you can't give money any more, but who knows how it actually works? But if you want to track it down yourself, you can see lots more pictures of the deck progress!

I'm so excited about this deck! I've been wanting a really modern deck for awhile. And not just modern, but diverse too! The only other deck I've found that really meets that idea is the Vanessa Tarot, but it's like 99.9999% female.

sapienza

I really like the look of this deck. The artwork is interesting, I like that it is based on the Thoth deck and like the look of the pips. I agree that the 3 of Swords is a great card too. Will keep an eye out for this when it's done.

MermaidFeet

I actually really love his head space on a lot of these cards and I'm not one for too modern decks (i.e. housewives). Some of the images are a bit clip art-y/90s-ish for me though. I love the diversity, the Mage and his music and the bathtub cards!

tarot heart

Very Thothy

This deck seems very promising. I love its modern, urban flavor with Thoth colorings and imagery. Very nice. Will be looking for this one when it arrives on the scene...

more pics:
http://www.robertscottart.com/projects/the-urban-tarot/
:)

Only card I don't like is the Devil - looks like Russell Brand--bluuuck!!!

gregory

This is another I am backing. And there is PLENTY of self-injury in the Savage, by the way ! :D Just saying.

metatron3

He's actually getting everyone who register his newsletter up to date.
I received my first ( I think ) today.

He opened a shop on his site for the prints and of course, will put some deck in too when it'll be over.
I really hope it, I couldn't back at the time but felt in love as soon as I saw it.