Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Citizen

ThunderWolf 

The Celtic Tarot

This deck just felt stark and left me cold. The non-scenic pips just added to the frustration. I ended up giving it to a friend who was begging me to give her a deck from my collection, and I later found that she didn't care for it either.

The first deck I ever tried to read with is another one I wish I had never bought. I've had multiple copies of it and have never been able to get an accurate reading with it. Even with the Celtic Tarot I was able to lay the cards and read the book meanings with accuracy, but never in my life have I been able to get an accurate reading with a copy of the RWS!
Top   #511
Citizen

Girl Archer 

Deviant Moon. Definitely. It always leads me astray with extremely optimistic readings, while what it is really doing is just playing mind games X-( Not cool at all. I stopped reading with it, about a month after I bought it.
Top   #512
Resident

Frank S 

Any deck in my collection with the words 'Virtue' & 'Doreen' on them. Sorry, they just don't do anything for me whatsoever...

Frank.
Top   #513
Resident

Aliceiw 

Legacy of the Divine! Many of the cards are truly beautiful, colorful and well made. I just could not bare to look at several of the cards, the Judgement, Faith, Magician, and Lovers cards in particular. This deck would probably be great for someone into religion. I had to throw it out, book and all.
Top   #514
Resident

Frank S 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliceiw View Post
Legacy of the Divine! Many of the cards are truly beautiful, colorful and well made. I just could not bare to look at several of the cards, the Judgement, Faith, Magician, and Lovers cards in particular. This deck would probably be great for someone into religion. I had to throw it out, book and all.
...In fact, anything by Ciro Marchetti.
Top   #515
Citizen

December_Empress 

I just read this entire thread. I'm tired. I need a Power Bar or something.

Anyway, I didn't see this one mentioned. The Tarot of Metamorphosis. "Regret" is not the word I'd use, but I don't get it and haven't been able to connect with it at all.
Top   #516
Citizen

marimorimo 

Grail Tarot: Can't get past the Christian references, but more than that, the juxtaposed photoshopped cups/swords/staffs/gems.

Runic Tarot: An oracle masquerading as tarot

Shapeshifter Tarot: The extreme New-Ageyness of the deck and book makes me want to barf. Also, I think the descriptions and meanings are repetitive.

Voyager Tarot: Outdated imagery; a big picture of a crystal, no matter how pretty, doesn't work for me.
Top   #517
Citizen

Carla 

I'm not sure if I wish I hadn't bought it, but I'm having second thoughts about the Sacred Sites Tarot. I always end up not using these complicated themed decks that add another hurdle to get over before you get to the meaning of the card. For me, it ends up a distraction. But I always forget that it in my initial 'Oh how cool!' (or worse, 'Oh how pretty!') reaction to a new deck.

I need to learn to react with, 'Oh, how many layers of unneeded additional detail has the deck creator added to this one?'
Top   #518
Citizen

ScaryFairy 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderWolf View Post
The Celtic Tarot

This deck just felt stark and left me cold. The non-scenic pips just added to the frustration. I ended up giving it to a friend who was begging me to give her a deck from my collection, and I later found that she didn't care for it either.

The first deck I ever tried to read with is another one I wish I had never bought. I've had multiple copies of it and have never been able to get an accurate reading with it. Even with the Celtic Tarot I was able to lay the cards and read the book meanings with accuracy, but never in my life have I been able to get an accurate reading with a copy of the RWS!
Agreed, I struggle with my Celtic Tarot too

Fortunately I didn't buy it personally, but it's still a shame.
Top   #519
Citizen

pink daliha 

Bought the Revelations tarot about 3 months ago... And now I'm sorry.
Images are just way too christianized and the artwork is is no longer appealing. Too flat.
Top   #520

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.