Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings

New edition of The Tarot of Prague for 2016!

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Citizen

rylla 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLizarraga View Post

THIS. I have a feeling the Cats are next.

May you be psychic in this statement I'd LOVE a glittery BCat.
Top   #461
Citizen

rylla 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linfang View Post
I am still leafing through my LE, totally amazed by its beauty. I have the first and second edition of this deck and the Tarot of Prague is my Baba favorite. Having visited Prague in 1993, I have a soft spot for this city full of magic, and I hope I have a chance to go there again. Meanwhile, the Tarot of Prague brings back fond memories.

Unfortunately I only have my mobile's camera at hand right now, and daylight is fading, but I still wanted to post some pictures of the LE. Though the quality of the photos is not exactly great, I hope it gives some credit to the overall feeling.

I also took a comparison shot of the High Priestess, left to right is 1st, 2nd and new LE. Though several cards have been changed slightly, the deck still is very close to its predecessors, but with an added depth and some thoughtful improvements.

The last picture is the scarf, for those interested. The size is around 65x65cm, so it is easy to drape and the silk just makes the colors pop out. I wore it with jeans and a white shirt yesterday and was asked by several people about the scarf.
Niiiice improvements and attention to details. Thanks for posting the pics and for the info about the scarf.
Top   #462
Citizen

FLizarraga 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rylla View Post
May you be psychic in this statement I'd LOVE a glittery BCat.
Oh, NO, dear, I'm not being psychic at all. I'm just reading the signs --and apparently starlightexp is reading the same things I'm reading.

It wouldn't be good for me, because I wouldn't be able to pass on that one, either, no matter how expensive. I missed out on the Gold Cats, you see....
Top   #463
Citizen

FLizarraga 

Nice pics, Linfang! You can really see the metallic highlights. It IS a gorgeous deck, and the cards are indeed a lot larger than the other editions.

And the scarf is actually very nice.
Top   #464
Citizen

rylla 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaintlyMacabre View Post
Alta,

"We will try to find a way of restricting our customer lists to our many fantastic existing customers from now on. Nicer for everyone."

Diana
Does that mean they won't sell to new customers? (I'm an old one, just wondering) How unusual way of doing business (maybe they want out of it).
Top   #465
Reader

prudence 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaintlyMacabre View Post
Alta,

I don't mean to stir the pot, but this was posted and is still up. (I thought she might reconsider.)

"We will try to find a way of restricting our customer lists to our many fantastic existing customers from now on. Nicer for everyone."

Diana
This just seems.... bizarre. I hope I am simply misinterpreting the message.
Top   #466
Reader

prudence 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rylla View Post
Does that mean they won't sell to new customers? (I'm an old one, just wondering) How unusual way of doing business (maybe they want out of it).
Like I said in my last post, I hope I'm misinterpreting the message, but the way I read it, they might want to restrict their customer lists to include only those customers who do not complain about the products or customer service. I seriously hope I am wrong and it is meant some other way entirely.
Top   #467
Citizen

FLizarraga 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Woodland View Post
I keep checking in with the Prague in case I suddenly "get it" but it's still not calling... a shimmery BBCats on the other hand
I find the Prague absolutely breathtaking in each and every one of its iterations, but it doesn't look like it would read for me. The Cats, though, silly as they look, read like a dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Woodland View Post
Hopefully things resolve in such a way that I can still feel happy ordering from them if/when the kitties get their makeover. Based on the current LE I'll be sticking with their standard editions... too much of a price jump for me when you can get a standard deck, book, bag and a decent meal out for the price of the LE. I would expect an exquisite box really
I suppose by then they will have solved the box thing --changed vendors or whatever they need to do. And, while I'm the first one to agree that you could basically get a Toyota for the price of the LE, I don't know if I'd be able to resist the siren (or should I say the meowing?) of those glittery kitties...
Top   #468
Citizen

Scarlet Woodland 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLizarraga View Post
I find the Prague absolutely breathtaking in each and every one of its iterations, but it doesn't look like it would read for me. The Cats, though, silly as they look, read like a dream.

I suppose by then they will have solved the box thing --changed vendors or whatever they need to do. And, while I'm the first one to agree that you could basically get a Toyota for the price of the LE, I don't know if I'd be able to resist the siren (or should I say the meowing?) of those glittery kitties...
When the time comes... I give you leave... to laugh in my face as I cave

To stay on topic; watched Kelly from TTIS's vid and the cardstock on the standard Prague looks delicious.
Top   #469
Citizen

FaintlyMacabre 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prudence View Post
This just seems.... bizarre. I hope I am simply misinterpreting the message.
I don't know. I thought it might have been the sort of thing posted when one is tired and cranky but it is still there today. It's at the head of the thread on the box issues.

I can remember when they were here on Aeclectic making the first Tarot of Prague. I suppose we have all changed.

Diana
Top   #470

Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2020 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.