Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings

New edition of The Tarot of Prague for 2016!

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Citizen

Gulliver 

There are some changes.

Some cards have a different background, some cards have changes in colouring. It looks , I don't know, how to say, maybe a bit clearer. And luxurious. Yes, well said, Annabelle, they come to life. Fascinating, if you are looking directly, you see the "normal" colours. And then, if you move them - the firework of colours and glitter will be visible.

But there are really a lot of changes, so that it's difficult to describe all cards. But they don't loose their original character.
Top   #491
Citizen

FLizarraga 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky View Post
I have a hard time seeing people fork out that much money to sit in coffee shops or renn faires with these large expensive versions- when I have my clients shuffle the RWS they whine! The art collectors should not be excluded from having pretty things if they are upset when the product is defective.
THIS.

Plus, again, when you fork out that kind of money for something, you have a reasonable expectation that its presentation should match the price point, and a right to complain if it doesn't.
Top   #492
Citizen

starlightexp 

I like turtles
Top   #493
Citizen

Essjay 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulliver View Post
There are some changes.

Some cards have a different background, some cards have changes in colouring. It looks , I don't know, how to say, maybe a bit clearer. And luxurious. Yes, well said, Annabelle, they come to life. Fascinating, if you are looking directly, you see the "normal" colours. And then, if you move them - the firework of colours and glitter will be visible.

But there are really a lot of changes, so that it's difficult to describe all cards. But they don't loose their original character.
Thank you! It sounds quite different - really the gilding is enough of a reason but this is good to hear.
Top   #494
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlightexp View Post
I like turtles
Chocolate ones or swimming ones ?
Top   #495
Citizen

FLizarraga 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Woodland View Post
When the time comes... I give you leave... to laugh in my face as I cave
Me? Laugh? I think we'll need a support group...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Woodland View Post
To stay on topic; watched Kelly from TTIS's vid and the cardstock on the standard Prague looks delicious.
It's supposed to be the same as Lo Scarabeo's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlightexp View Post
I like turtles
They make good soup.
Top   #496
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLizarraga View Post
It's supposed to be the same as Lo Scarabeo's.
REALLY ? I have to say that surprised me; I wouldn't have thought it was. It's very nice stock, though.

http://www.healthfulpursuit.com/wp-c...tleTurtles.jpg
Top   #497
Citizen

Linfang 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulliver View Post
There are some changes.

The High Priestess is quite a good example. Though important aspects like facial expression or composition/arrangement haven't changed, the stonework of the pillars, the book or the silver curtain add more texture to the card.

I wish I had more time to make a detailed comparison, but I spend most of my free-time learning for an important exam. It will probably take a few mor weeks until I can really give the deck the attention it deserves.
Top   #498
Citizen

Le Fanu 

My goodness - I really can't imagine what it must be like to have an exam imminent and then tarot decks arriving that you want to play with. How I'd hate that!

I've missed the turtle reference... *over-my-head*
Top   #499
sporadic magic

Debra 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Fanu View Post
(f) How nice it must be for some people who have always been envious of Baba Studios and thei beautiful products and can now dance around this (and anonymously to boot) like Witches on the Sabbat.
Not presuming to know everyone's motives...just wondering why dancing witches is a bad thing?
Top   #500

Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2020 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.