Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings

New edition of The Tarot of Prague for 2016!

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Citizen

LadyDeborah 

I'm happy with the regular deck, LE, the book, the scarf and the bag I ordered despite the fact that I have quite a few of Baba's bags. This bag just might be one of the most beautiful!
Top   #511
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryNukaCola View Post
I, too, received the alternative Death and Sun with my standard edition. I suspect that the alternative Lovers card is probably for the limited edition.
So did I.
Top   #512
Source Heiress

MoonGypsy 

My package was finally posted 2 days ago, and it is already in New York!
So i imagine it might be here by the weekend. (((crosses fingers)))
Top   #513
Golden Silvery Dionna

Alta 

I only bought the LE which came in the mail today. I am very familiar with this deck having owned it since the first edition. Without reserve, this new addition easily surpasses the first two . It is improved in every way, and yet still has the same magic. I didn't get the Standard Edition and I probably won't but I do not regret for one second getting the LE.

ETA: yes, the LE comes with alternate Death and Lovers but not Sun.
Top   #514
Citizen

MissChiff 

I am curious... Which Death card and sun card is everyone going to choose? I like the child sun card but I'm not sure about the death card I kinda like both......

This is the standard deck that I have btw....
Top   #515
Resident

Twingo 

I preordered both standard and LE and they are both stunning. I have the first edition which is gorgeous but the cold metal stamping and reworking of the cards is gorgeous. It feels and looks just as equisite as the Alice decks. I do wish the box for the LE was wood like the LE of the Alice deck. You can't take out the insert but I folded it and taped it down so I can wrap the cards in the scarf and still store them in the box. The scarf is beautiful but I always meant for it to wrap the cards in so I had to modify the box a little in order to do that. The Alice deck came with a beautiful silk pouch to put inside the box and I liked that, the larger decks are more of a collectors item to me than an actual usable deck so I like the added protection.
I prefer the Sun card with the man, most of the Sun cards that have babies on them weird me out a little bit, and I prefer the Death card that has the man sitting by the globe with all of the well dressed skeletons behind him. In the LE I prefer the alternate Lovers card. I have every edition of the Bohemian Gothic, Victorian Romantic, Alice, plus a few others from Baba and they (along with Seven Stars) are the best produced tarot decks out there in my opinion. The images are always breath-taking but what really makes their decks my most used ones is the attention to detail and the excellent card stock. A beautiful deck that is poorly made is so disappointing, I will happily pay more money for a deck that will be used for years to come. I know people who had damaged boxes but I stayed out of the whole Fb fight, I think it went too far, especially for a public forum. I'm disappointed in the LE box but at least mine wasn't damaged so I was able to alter mine and make it work but I wouldn't have minded waiting a little longer for the LE if it meant having a nicer box. The standard for their decks has been set pretty high, like I said the Alice LE had a silk pouch for the cards and a nice wood box so I was expecting about the same for this new deck. The box isn't a deal breaker for me though, I'm extremely happy to have received both decks!
Top   #516
Citizen

dannyboy8406 

Finally got my shipping confirmation this afternoon! WooHoo! Hopefully will speed across that big blue wet thing with all due haste!
Top   #517
Source Heiress

MoonGypsy 
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8406 View Post
Finally got my shipping confirmation this afternoon! WooHoo! Hopefully will speed across that big blue wet thing with all due haste!
Dan, my package was posted in Prague just 3 days ago, and it looks like i might receive it
tomorrow!!!
Top   #518
Citizen

dannyboy8406 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonGypsy View Post
Dan, my package was posted in Prague just 3 days ago, and it looks like i might receive it
tomorrow!!!
Heres hoping...maybe it will only take 1 more day to reach me out in the sticks! lol When I ordered the Bohemian Gothic tarot it sat in New York for like 3 days lol >.<
Top   #519
Citizen

rylla 

I've got the LE (and some lovely bags)! Mine is flawless. The cards are absolutely beautiful! Lots and lots of stamping with an unbelievable effect. The only thing I regret is selling my old standard edition (and the only consolation is that I sold to a wonderful AT member!) because it's like holding a completely different deck (both have their own charm). The old edition have a more accentuated photographic fee, this one seems altered in a way that it doesn't look look the same. Just my impression.

SCARF!: it's nice, but I still don't see any use of it for me. I've decided to keep the cards in their original box as it's not torn and because the card stock is really thin (it almost bends as you hold a card in your hands) and the deck will be much better protected in its original box (which is lovely BTW). So I am going to contact some of my AT friends and if none of them wants the scarf I am going to post it on the giveaway thread.

Overall it is a very special deck and it worth every penny! (scarf or no scarf )
Top   #520

Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2020 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.