Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

New edition of The Tarot of Prague for 2016!

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Citizen

dannyboy8406 

MINE FINALLY CAME!!!! Now excuse me while I rip into the packaging!
Top   #531
Source Heiress

MoonGypsy 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8406 View Post
MINE FINALLY CAME!!!! Now excuse me while I rip into the packaging!
i thought i could hear a squeeeeeeeeeeeeee bellowing across the State!
Top   #532
Citizen

lightpers 

Tarot of Prague arrive days ago, it is stunning and the colors are so vibrant that they tends seemed to be popped out, As the companion book not so good this time.
Top   #533
Citizen

Dark Victory '39 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rylla View Post
It depends. If you want to know more about Prague, definitely. For tarot purpose one can live without it (as there are so many other books on tarot that describe the same things).
Helpful. Thanks rylla.
Top   #534
Citizen

mydearruby 

I finally got some time to do a comparison between the LE and my first edition. There are different coloring on human figures to make them more popping up, and the tones more vibrant for sure. But the major changes have been made to the background scenes, so that they blend with the card meanings and the foreground figures more seamlessly. I am very tempted to also get the standard edition as I feel this would be a great working horse for me now.
Top   #535
Senior Citizen

Astraea 

I think that the figures have been modeled and shaded to appear more 3D than on the 1st edition; they are almost sculptural, seeming to pop out of the cards like bas reliefs. The colors are rich and deep, with cold stamping done proportionately and to great effect. The deck is exquisite, to me well worth its price.
Top   #536
Resident

athenafletcher 

Finally opened my package today after being out of the country for a month. I was shocked to see how large the LE actually is. I understand that it is the same size as the LE Alice but I sold that off some time ago and had forgotten. When they say large format, they really do mean it. Anyone here actively using the LE for readings? I'm curious to know how you shuffle them.

I'll need to find the time to really sit with these cards and process each one because I can already tell that this new edition is in a whole new level of craftsmanship for Karen and Alex. Thirteen years since the first edition and the deck has only gotten better with the experience and technology they now have. I'm happy to have supported such a beautiful project.
Top   #537
Senior Citizen

Astraea 

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenafletcher View Post
Finally opened my package today after being out of the country for a month. I was shocked to see how large the LE actually is. I understand that it is the same size as the LE Alice but I sold that off some time ago and had forgotten. When they say large format, they really do mean it. Anyone here actively using the LE for readings? I'm curious to know how you shuffle them.
If and when they start selling the LE again, I plan to order one. I don't see how those large cards could be shuffled, but I would use my standard edition as a surrogate for shuffling and drawing, and then use the LE for the layout. That's what I do with my TdM and vintage decks, and it offers a very workable solution.
Top   #538
Citizen

mydearruby 

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenafletcher View Post
Here is how I have always shuffled my OOP or HTF decks, including large format: I do it as if I were dealing cards to 7 players, but only in a random sequence. Then I stack up the 7 piles of cards also in random sequence. After three times the cards would be perfectly mixed up. If you use reversal, just pick two piles and reverse them every time you deal the cards. This is a perfect way to protect cards and I actually get better shuffling result. The only thing you need is patience.
Top   #539
Resident

Starson 

has to be in my top two favorite deck list.
Top   #540

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.