6 Deniers (Coins) - how may it be read?

jmd

When looking at this card, I am reminded how much of it appears as a mirror image between that which is above, and that which is below.

The spiritual three is inverted and reflected in the physical realm.

Sixes for me often depict harmony, and this six, of coins, may thus perhaps also indicate that there is harmony between that which a person desires and that which they get... or that their own spending (Coins, after all) is a reflection of the impulse already existent in archetypal form.

One of the early depiction of the Tree of Life also looks very much as per the pattern made by placing the six Coins in this somewhat un-expected form (after all, Domino pattern, as two rows of three, seems such a 'sensible' way to have done it!).

Again, for myself, an indication that the harmony is in accord with the higher realms - and the harmonious consequence may even have an unexpected quality about it.

Attachments

• Grimaud type 6 D.jpg
    Grimaud type 6 D.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 204

Jewel-ry

This is one of my favourite cards in the deck.

The two triangles, male and female, come together to give a balance and harmony. To me its a ying and yang and can represent two opposing forces coming together: male and female, Sun and Moon, light and dark, active and passive. Its give and take, a giving up to gain and an appreciation card. It can represent an exchange of gifts, blessings.

Linking numerically to the Lovers card it also highlights the two different pathways which come together to find the middle road. The opposing forces of nature which unite to become one.

~

Moonbow

jmd, I like what you have said about the reflection 'as above, so below' and the spiritual and physical realms - this is an excellent way for me to look at this card now.

A couple of things strike me about the card. Firstly the cross of flowers in the centre, (which unfortunately is not on the Hadar). I like this cross as it can be seen as different paths and directions which reminds me of another meaning of the number six which is choice. The upper and lower leaves also look like they are grabbing the coin which, again could be seen as choosing/deciding.

As coins also relate to reality to me, this could be read as the need to make an important decision about every day life, particularly where money is concerned. Perhaps the decision of whether to take a job, or which job to accept.

tmgrl2

To add to what has already been said about the three's, I also love this card because of the "optical illusion" effect.

Sometimes, I see the two 3's, above as is below.

At other times I see the four in the center (as being something already manifested in the material plane and the remaining two, one above and one below as both a two...which means to me, that six can be a place in which we are "stuck" a bit, but the two may be saying:

"You have some decisions to make, conflicts to resolve before moving forward to the next level of ...career, life, material plane issues."

Sometimes, I see the four again and then two separate "one's." The one above, could perhaps be the seed of a new idea, reflected below, which is needed in order to move forward again.

With seeing 4 + 2 or 4 + 1 and 1...I see the sixes as "transtions" that need to be made even though the 6 represents a place of harmony.

It's as though we stop in the desert when we find an oasis and enjoy the refreshing of our spirits, before we take on the challenge of moving to the next level in the material plane.

terri

jmd

This aspect of seeing the four in the centre is also something I tend to at times focus on - and here it seems to be also saying (at times): 'in which direction from your position of fixity will you move? forward, or backwards?'

Once I saw this card as a military reconnaissance vehicle (which during the second world war often had two drivers, one each end, so that the vehicle could quickly drive in the opposite direction without having to turn around, which would waste time, if such turn-around was possible in the first place - probably due to my compulsory military service experience in the 1970s).

Viewed from above, I have also seen it as the flanks of a boat...

Here is a card that also at times may indicate that from the position of security, go out and test the waters - but also be willing to later there swim, or make a total retreat and abandon yourself!

The 'paths' themselves (the leaves) are not straight, but begin to weave around the poles of direction.

And of course there are other ways to see the relation between the six coins, such as them forming a Star of David (in one reading, it indicated that indeed a person's to-be partner was Jewish ...and the querent wasn't, by the way).

tmgrl2

I love "reconnaisance vehicle" and "flanks of a boat," jmd.

I'm linking the Hadar (left) and Camoin (right) for those who don't have a card handy.

terri

Attachments

• Hadar - Camoin Six de Deniers.jpg
    Hadar - Camoin Six de Deniers.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 174

Paul

I see the 6's ruled by Venus. Normally, a beauteous vibe. But, with my system, the 6's (per Papus) take on a negative tone, upright, so we see the darker side of the force of Venus.

Thus, the symmetry of the 6 of Coins evokes ennui, lethargy. Ho hum. Nothing exciting here, nothing moving, cluttered, choked by overgrowth, just small crammed-in flowers, indulgent. This inertia will involve anything in the realm of Coins.

Reversed? Working through, arranging, and pruning the aforementioned to achieve Harmony, balance.

I attached the 6 Deniers and 7 Deniers from Tarot Classic, ala Claude Burdel.

Attachments

• 6 & 7 Deniers Classic.jpg
    6 & 7 Deniers Classic.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 175

lionette

Graphically, in my Camoin reproduction, I find myself drawn to that "intersection" in the center of the card that surrounds the 4 coins in the middle. With the 4 coins nestled in between the floral stems, I find a feeling of stasis. Since the 5 and 7 are about expansion, the 6 to me is about regrouping and briefly hesitating heading out yet again into unknown territory. Those single coins at the top and bottom of the card appear as though being newly released from the foliage, and emphasize the brief equilibrium before the 7's move into spiritual awakening.