starshine81 said:
JSNYC, thank you for answering, it was very helpful. i
have another question, if i understoof correctly, you use this spread for
questions of type:
should i do that? more than question like:
will i pass the exam?

and i agree, as long as it works everything is great, tarot has no limits,
only our mind sets the limits...
Thank you for the compliment, I am glad I could help!

And you are correct, the differences between those two questions does accurately represent the difference I was trying to express. But... I am not really focused on the type of question, any question can be asked, I am focused more on the type of answer to expect or the limitations of the answer that I can expect. I would ask the question, "will I pass the exam?" But you are correct, I would expect the answer to be more of a, "what should I do (or not do)" than an actual "will I?". And sometimes I do ask concrete answers expecting concrete results, when I have a coin toss decision. But that is generally just fun more than anything else. (No matter what the answer and why, the Tarot certainly can't be any worse than a coin toss.)

I think RiccardoLS's post (post #9 in the thread above) was really exquisite. I especially liked this:
RiccardoLS said:
I usually try to look at Tarot not for his ability to be accurate, rather for his ability to be useful.
I didn't create this spread so the Tarot could provide a yes or no answer. I created this spread to give the Tarot the ability, but not the obligation, to provide a yes or a no (bias) within its answer. I simply thought that the yes/no (only) spreads I have seen were somewhat unfair to the Tarot. Like if a friend asked you an important question and then insisted that you provide them with a clear yes or no answer without qualifications. How rude! :eek: So I wanted to give the Tarot the ability to provide (different gradations of) a relatively clear yes or no answer, as well as to not answer the question at all.

And I think this spread is often fun to do. Although I do ask serious questions, many of the questions tend to be of relatively minor importance. I have gotten a few answers that made me laugh. And I have gotten a few really good answers that made me think as well. But I definitely allow my Tarot deck to have a sense of humor when I read this spread! :cool5:

mel_rose

As you don`t know, JSNYC, I use your spread quite often. So first i have to say thank you for this:), and second; I`ve had a one with in every position were a key-card! 1. Magican (so, no but..) 2. Ace of Coins and 3. The Fool :)

I interpreted it as a "no", but everyone there has got a right..a position, it is equal to everyone concerning this..

So, thanks for this opportunity of a quite correct yes/no spread, especially that you made it with this particular cards seems to be the clue..but, Idon`t know but it works out perfect;)

(PS. this other 13 cards-pile spread also works very well.), but i prefere yours*

mel

JSNYC

Thank you very much for your post, mel_rose! I am happy to hear that others enjoy and use this spread. I still like and use this spread as well. :)

I have never got an answer with 3 answer cards though! :bugeyed:

redheadlynn

So I tried this...

So, I tried your spread, and I do like it. Here's what I got in response to a question.

Note that I ONLY dealt three cards total...I got an answer right away.

1- Ace of Swords
2- Ace of Wands
3- Nine of Wands

What this tells me is what I kind of figured - the answer is conflicted, being both yes and no... this isn't a light matter. The no is weak and the yes is cursory. The why tells me that other things are on the mind of the person I was reading for, perhaps other things need to be dealt with first (Or other battles fought first or ground achieved - perhaps more stability is needed before a decisions is made?) before things can be swung one way or another.

This feels very clear to me. I dont' have ambiguous feelings about this reading... the cards were definitely speaking. And the answers were very accurate.

I tried it again with a different question. I went through a few cards before I got to a yes answer.

1- no - wand
2- yes- 0, The fool
3- why - The Star

Immediately upon getting the fool, I got a silly feeling. It was like, "DUH, girl, of course it's yes. Now stop asking silly questions!" :p It was a weird feeling.... I am still new to Tarot and the cards were definitely telling me to stop asking stupid questions.
Overall, I like this spread! :) Thanks!

JSNYC

redheadlynn said:
Immediately upon getting the fool, I got a silly feeling. It was like, "DUH, girl, of course it's yes. Now stop asking silly questions!" :p It was a weird feeling.... I am still new to Tarot and the cards were definitely telling me to stop asking stupid questions.
Overall, I like this spread! :) Thanks!
Yep, I have gotten a few (or more than a few ;) ) of those answers as well! I certainly think this spread can have a "sense of humor" sometimes. I thought your readings were great, so thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

SUNstruck

thank you!

This is an amazingly powerful, accurate and insightful little spread. Thank you so much for creating it! I know I will be using this frequently.

Kenshin Gordon

Great spread there, I used it in a slightly different manner though: I used only the major arcana and Fool with the World as yes or no, and the results were quite impressive.

SimplyPip

Kenshin Gordon said:
Great spread there, I used it in a slightly different manner though: I used only the major arcana and Fool with the World as yes or no, and the results were quite impressive.

I tweaked it even more; all the majors are yes, none of the minors (aces included). That works even better for me because then I use the major as part of the 'story' too. I also made 'yes' the first answer cuz I always think yes/no, never no/yes.

Example: I asked if I should stop worrying about something, and yes was the Empress, no the 5 of cups, and Ace of Swords the 3rd card. Interpreted it as yes, stop worrying because it depresses me and I need new thoughts to become more Empress-like.

Amanda

Just bumping this thread up again, this spread doesn't deserve to be buried. :D

After starting with the No pile and throwing down cards back and forth, I came to the Fool in the No pile, so threw down one more in the Yes pile: 9 of Swords.

It was kind of mean to me. LOL

The Fool being flippant was saying, "Hell no" and the 9 of Swords was telling me that I was getting that answer because I'm overly worried about the situation and thinking the worst... but because the Fool represents what he represents as JSNYC set it up, then I guess I just really need to do it and quit being such a scaredy-pants. :D

Love this spread! :heart:

Eyebright

Thanks for bumping this spread Amanda, I have just written it up in my spreads book, I think this is a great addition to my Tarot repetoire (sp?!)

I'm off to go try it out now! :D