Why hate on the celtic cross?

Sar

I don't have a problem with it, I just don't use it.

EnchantedFairyForest

I don't have a problem with it, I've never used it before.

And I'm still a beginner to Tarot Card readings.

kimtsan

I don't hate it either. I just never felt connected to it. Personally I don't like any spread that has a cross in it because my intuition just can't seem to flow.

Richard

I don't have a problem with the CC. Everyone should feel free to make tarot reading as obscure, time consuming, unreliable, and complicated as they wish. That's their problem, not mine. :grin:

LadyCeleste

I'm personally not a fan of the CC spread because it just seems a little overly complicated, and it's a big spread. I think I can get a good answer with less cards and a smaller spread. I don't feel the need to use more than 5-7 cards, though my go to spread is a basic 3-card past-present-future spread.

Also, I think that this spread isn't really one that beginners should be learning because of how many cards it uses. That's a lot of meanings and positions to interpret when looking for an answer. Start small. One of my books on Tarot is supposed to be a beginner book and yet it looks like it's only going to use the CC. I can't stand that since there's more spreads out there than just the CC, and I think beginners should start with one-, two-, or three-card spreads.

That's not to say an in-depth spread is bad. I pull clarifier cards myself. But I just don't think the CC is the be-all-end-all of Tarot spreads.

I hope this makes sense :)