crystal study Group; obsidian

Minotauro

Hey Mino, you are doing some fabulous exploration with that stone. I was glad to see it helped you in dealing with your mother - family relationships are very difficult, so being able to speak your truth without hurting her is great!

And as to scrying, while I am certain there are "rules" for it, if you feel that it is working for you the way you did it, then just keep trying without trying - like, just stare at the stone and let it speak and show images, sometimes the more we worry about rules and the more we consciously try to do something, the less likely it is to happen.

I do a form of scrying, I hold objects and they tell me pictures of the person connected to it - but I have to be totally relaxed and not trying, or it won't work...I think maybe the same applies to actual stone or mirror scrying.

The fact that you saw a head with deer antlers actually suggests to me the old pagan male god, who always appeared as a stag with antlers. His Celtic name is Cernunnos. Since you are working with a root chakra stone, it seems to me that it makes sense you should first see the male spirit of the earth, the male god who rules the earth. :) hope that helps.

Maybe Cernunnos is the Celtic version of your Mexican god you work with...? Cernunnos can also represent shamanistic capabilities, I think he was associated with the Druids as well. :)

Here is a link on him for you. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cernunnos

Psychometry! I've been trying to use that word for ages! the ability of getting information by touching a person or object! that word doesnt exist in spanish, haha

I think that may be an innate ability, I dont know

and thank you for the exploration compliment , I think it did help with my mom , and I glad I am able to document my finding here , I really want to start using other stones , see what I get from them I think it helps that I am really paying attention to all it does , instead of just using it and letting it do whatever it does hahaha

tarotbear

I have a beautiful obsidian ball about 2-3 inches across; it has a gold irridescent eye if you hold it right.

Padma

Psychometry! I've been trying to use that word for ages! the ability of getting information by touching a person or object! that word doesnt exist in spanish, haha

I think that may be an innate ability, I dont know

and thank you for the exploration compliment , I think it did help with my mom , and I glad I am able to document my finding here , I really want to start using other stones , see what I get from them I think it helps that I am really paying attention to all it does , instead of just using it and letting it do whatever it does hahaha

sorry about your car woes, Mino...I hope your dad doesn't get too upset. we've all been there ;p

In regard to really paying attention, I think that is the key. If I just wear my stones but I don't think about it, nothing much comes through. but if I pay attention, I note many things. Maybe the crystals are trying to tell us to simply *pay attention!* lol...

You could try psychometry! use your obsidian in your pocket or around your throat (your pendant) and then hold a friend's sunglasses, rings, pendant or belt - close your eyes and then let the images come to you.Say whatever you see, even if it seems silly. You would be very surprised at your results! :D (weird that there is no Spanish word for it...)

wildchilde

Sorry for all your troubles today, Minos. That really sucks, but glad you don't seem too down. keep on keeping on, as they say. Yes, this little guy is Fugly with a capital F! LOL Now that you mention it, up close he does resemble an alien as well. Certainly much more than a G-D, king or warrior of any kind.

lotus padma said:
In regard to really paying attention, I think that is the key. If I just wear my stones but I don't think about it, nothing much comes through. but if I pay attention, I note many things. Maybe the crystals are trying to tell us to simply *pay attention!* lol..

oohhh, this echoes something I read today (I think in the online crystal class I am taking, not sure where I saw it!) that said that the crystals talk to us through our own thought forms! So it is very important to be aware at all times what is going through our minds/thoughts when in the presence of any crystal being. I guess it goes back to the whole "computer" idea where we sort of link up (like a network) with the crystal and can hear/see the information they are here to impart. I do know that I have experienced this several times with all the crystals I have worked with so far (yes, I am woefully behind on posting about them in the forums!). All of a sudden I will realize I am thinking about something completely "out there" and it is always something related to whatever healing properties the crystal holds. In reverse, I suppose this is why they say we also have to be aware of the thought forms we impart to the crystals (like being very angry around obsidian that is going to absorb that negativity).

Minotauro

Sorry for all your troubles today, Minos. That really sucks, but glad you don't seem too down. keep on keeping on, as they say. Yes, this little guy is Fugly with a capital F! LOL Now that you mention it, up close he does resemble an alien as well. Certainly much more than a G-D, king or warrior of any kind.

oohhh, this echoes something I read today (I think in the online crystal class I am taking, not sure where I saw it!) that said that the crystals talk to us through our own thought forms! So it is very important to be aware at all times what is going through our minds/thoughts when in the presence of any crystal being. I guess it goes back to the whole "computer" idea where we sort of link up (like a network) with the crystal and can hear/see the information they are here to impart. I do know that I have experienced this several times with all the crystals I have worked with so far (yes, I am woefully behind on posting about them in the forums!). All of a sudden I will realize I am thinking about something completely "out there" and it is always something related to whatever healing properties the crystal holds. In reverse, I suppose this is why they say we also have to be aware of the thought forms we impart to the crystals (like being very angry around obsidian that is going to absorb that negativity).

yes , and yes
I agree with both of you , and this is actually why I find this study thread important and why I wanted to wait until I was free(ish) from school to start it , I ussualy during the day , dont notice how it helps , ultil its time to reflect on it and write it here. as is the case with my mother argument , at the time I didnt relate it to me using the crystal.

Padma

Amazing what you see, once your mind becomes tuned in to the crystal ;) It also helps us to focus our concentration, which is said to be the key element in magic work or working with manifestation.

I will be interested to see how the pyramid changes things with your Obsidian work.

wildchilde

just a small update on the obsidian alien man ;) After I posted the pic of him for everybody, I left him out for several hours near me as I worked on the computer, made phone calls, etc. Then all of a sudden I became aware that I was starting to feel almost sick. My eyes felt like they were getting sunken, my stomach got a little queasy, and my energy felt like it was getting sucked out of me (not drained but actually sucked out like a vacuum). I have no idea what was going on but as soon as I became aware of this, I decided it was time to put the little guy back where I found him and within a few minutes I started feeling fine again. It was very strange, I wasn't thinking or feeling anything negative and had actually completely forgotten that he was standing there near me. But I guess when he's done he's done, hey. Maybe this is why I never really like the guy in the first place. :)

Minotauro

just a small update on the obsidian alien man ;) After I posted the pic of him for everybody, I left him out for several hours near me as I worked on the computer, made phone calls, etc. Then all of a sudden I became aware that I was starting to feel almost sick. My eyes felt like they were getting sunken, my stomach got a little queasy, and my energy felt like it was getting sucked out of me (not drained but actually sucked out like a vacuum). I have no idea what was going on but as soon as I became aware of this, I decided it was time to put the little guy back where I found him and within a few minutes I started feeling fine again. It was very strange, I wasn't thinking or feeling anything negative and had actually completely forgotten that he was standing there near me. But I guess when he's done he's done, hey. Maybe this is why I never really like the guy in the first place. :)

wooooooooooooooooW
D:
imagine all the posibilities !, all the pottential !
... FOR EVIL! D:<

haha
it reminds me of those haunted stone idols from tv X)

and from

Black stones have protective energies in the sense that black is the absence of light, and therefore, can be used to create invisibility.

since it absorbs energies and light and all ,etc. wich could actually be benefitial , for specific poritection in really heavy enviroments and whatnot

so thats why you may not have felt it. ... until you felt it haha ,because it doesnt send energies , maybe it just absorbs it or something

this is so interesting to me , I kind of want to buy one of those now haha

I really want to know how could this be used?

could there be a positive side to all of this or what? or ar its abilities only meant for evil? with great power , comes great responsability... haha :)

maybe you should try programing it for something?
I know at least I when wearing my obsidian pendant , cant feel any change or energy or vibration from any other crystal :/ haha , thats just why people say it may be too harsh and too strong

Minotauro

Cernunnos can also represent shamanistic capabilities, I think he was associated with the Druids as well. :)

Here is a link on him for you. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cernunnos

for some reason this resonted , just today ._. haha hmmm... it was what I thoiught when I saw it shamans , of course I thought about american shaman with actual deer skull masks and the whole thing haha I0pll meditate on that later , maybe try scrying with that in mind , see what else I get.

Minotauro

Amazing what you see, once your mind becomes tuned in to the crystal ;) It also helps us to focus our concentration, which is said to be the key element in magic work or working with manifestation.

I will be interested to see how the pyramid changes things with your Obsidian work.

well I've been reading on the many uses of pyramidal shapes and I am full of ideas , i read it could be used to amplify whatever properties the stone or crystal may have , so... that may be a lot haha but since I wont be wearing it on me it could be used to protect the enviroment of negative energy or bad vibes.

it is also said that shape atract energy , so ... if it amplifies the ability of the obsidian wich is to absorb emergy , and the shape itself also atract it , could it be like a little black hole? ._. haha

anyway , I thought about using it for scrying and having it as a receptor of all the energy or messages or knowledge to be gained o it comes easier , haha , and also the shape would amplifyu the scrying abilities of obsidian. I dont klnow thew shapoe thing kinda confuses me , Im not done learning of the raw properties it have and now Im jumpig to its pyramidal form U_u hahaha