thoth

nisaba

There's people out there - you know who you are - who are incredibly generous. Looks as though I'll soon be the proud owner of my very own Thoth deck <tearing up>.

I've only ever seen scans of many of the cards. I used to do readings in a new age shop where another reader I was friendly with used only the Thoth (and did hokey little romance-based tealeaf-style readings with it, which always amused me and which I definitely don't look down my nose at - she was very good at it), and occasionally if she wanted, we'd swap readings, so I got to shuffle it, and I got to look at half a dozen images pulled out of it for me. I always felt too constrained to say "Here, can I have the rest of the deck to look through?" - it wouldn't have gone down well with her.

Now I'll be able to sit down and do a proper study. And guess what - before I knew this was happening, my Liber-T started getting all good on me! It's my week. I like this week. I'll remember this week.

As an aside (hey, off-topic in the very first message in the thread! That has to be some kind of record, even for me!) when I was editing the Hub Magazine, an underground Pagan thingie that died in the late eighties or early nineties, I was sent a review copy of a CD by a thrash Canadian band called Haze (lead singer Leanne Haze). Most of the music was execrable. One song was divine, a thrashed-up folk song, or folked-down thrash song called "Aleister's Wake", a tribute song for Aleister Crowley. It'll be the perfect song to put on endless-repeat while working with this deck.

"We invite you all to Aleister's wake,
See how much magic a body can take...
Ten thousand grapes in just one glass of wine..."

Wendywu

I am so pleased for you :) You'll get a lot of pleasure from the deck!