THE EMPEROR,STAR & JUSTICE

Fronterance

AbstractConcept said:
Fronterance, I reccomended the book because you didn't seem to get Crowley's attribution, and in it DuQuette gives a pretty thourough explaination of it in a less taxing mode of English.
As for BOTA, I wouldn't trust a guy who had it in for LIGDISL and his fellow Enochian friends :)

Rule #2 trust nobody you don't. :)

Like I said, I do appreciate the recommendation. I'm going to go give it a look-see tonight after work. I am blessed with 4 Barnes & Nobles within a few blocks. Kind of ridiculous, no?

Fronterance

Aeon418 said:
A sense of humour helps quite a bit as well. ;)

I find that only jerks, losers and morons appreciate humor. Just kidding. ;)

BTW, I thought your comment to Fulgour was quite obviously a joke.

Aeon418

Fronterance said:
I find that only jerks, losers and morons appreciate humor.
I nearly spat my dummy out just now. :D

Fronterance

Well now we really are getting off-topic, but I have to ask: You almost spit your "dummy" out? That must be an English term, yes? Over here a dummy is a ventriloquist's doll. Is that a food or a drink or just an expression? I love learning expressions from around the world for some reason.

Also, I would like to now admit that I came "up to speed" way after Fulgour because I didn't catch the idea the first time around. The mobius strip thing has got my attention and I do hope that book is better than I thought it was so's that I can plunk down $26 guilt-free on its purchase.

Aeon418

Fronterance said:
Like I said, I do appreciate the recommendation. I'm going to go give it a look-see tonight after work. I am blessed with 4 Barnes & Nobles within a few blocks. Kind of ridiculous, no?
One thing that Lon's Thoth book seems to suffer from is poor proof reading. There are a few quite noticeable typos in the text. But that seems to be a common feature of Weiser's books these days for some reason. And their paper quality seems to have gone down hill a bit as well. But the poor paper keeps the price down. :(

Aeon418

Fronterance said:
Well now we really are getting off-topic, but I have to ask: You almost spit your "dummy" out? That must be an English term, yes?
I believe you would call a dummy a babies pacifier? Having a dummy spit is akin to throwing a theatrical tantrum and going off in a huff for little or no reason.

Fronterance

Aeon418 said:
I believe you would call a dummy a babies pacifier? Having a dummy spit is akin to throwing a theatrical tantrum and going off in a huff for little or no reason.

Oh wow, I totally misread the expression! I thought it was like a "spit take" in which you spit coffee all over the keyboard due to something making you laugh whilest taking a sip. Thanks for the overseas education! :)

Aeon418

Fronterance said:
Oh wow, I totally misread the expression! I thought it was like a "spit take" in which you spit coffee all over the keyboard due to something making you laugh whilest taking a sip. Thanks for the overseas education! :)
It was meant to be humorous. Oh well, I suppose it loses something in translation. :D

Aeon418

Fronterance said:
The mobius strip thing has got my attention and I do hope that book is better than I thought it was so's that I can plunk down $26 guilt-free on its purchase.
I can't really comment on that. I pretty much got my head around the idea through repeated readings of The Book of Thoth. But AbstractConcept says it cleared up the matter for him.

Even so, a lot of people still don't like all this mobius strip and double loop in the zodiac business. In fact it gets some people quite worked up. It's one of those touchy subjects. :D

Fronterance

Aeon418 said:
I can't really comment on that. I pretty much got my head around the idea through repeated readings of The Book of Thoth. But AbstractConcept says it cleared up the matter for him.

Even so, a lot of people still don't like all this mobius strip and double loop in the zodiac business. In fact it gets some people quite worked up. It's one of those touchy subjects. :D

This is kind of hard to explain without pictures, but, I was manipulating the unicursal hexagram in Adobe Illustrator for a project and noticed that it looks a heck of a lot like the infinity symbol if you just tweak the basic shape a little. The center bit, I mean. Then, I remembered the "0=2 Unicursal Hexagram as Hyperbola" article I read about the curve of a hyperbola and how it relates to the idea of infinity and creates a Unicursal Hexagram. And then everything went wavy and the next thing you know I was back home safe in my bed. ;)