Ole' Forum Folks Faerie Family Reunion

Jewel

Man ohhhhhhh man! Seeing some of us "oldies" back here is like a fabulous family reunion, where in addition to getting to see eachother again we are also getting to know new members of our family we did not know we had! This is just wonderful.

For those of you wondering about faerie experiences ... this is one of them. The faeries seem to be calling back their own all at the same time. This is definetly not a coincidence, it is a faerie experience.

Alissa

Long ago (ok, the first year I joined) I bought this magical deck. A Fae lover for most of my life, naturally it called to me and I answered.

Fast forward a few years, and I moderated this board... again, my love for the Fae and this deck in particular motivated my request to Solandia at the time to take this forum as one of "mine." I indexed the Forum at that time as well.

Then, I "left" AT for a while. After a year and a half of service, I no longer moderated any forums and I felt despondent in many ways - felt the work and time and effort I had put here for years was useless, forgotten. The turnover was high, and in no time... no one knew I was connected to the Faerie Oracle forum at all any more. Hell, no one even knew me anymore. All the familiar faces were gone. The forum had gone on to another to moderate (and a damn fine job they've all done ever since). I felt I didn't belong here any more.

But like all things, which the Fae know, time is cyclical. I was asked specifically to do a Faery reading last month by one person I regularly read for. I realized how long it had been since I had used this deck, and how "shut down" I felt from my magical side. I wanted to find that spark again. Some dear soul bought me a membership this summer, and basically kept me from leaving for good. And here I am, still typing on AT, even today.

Then more folks from long ago began to show up, like Jewel. It makes the process of sharing and exploring together so much more rewarding when you feel you "know" the people you're communicating to through the forums and can share your mutual enthusiasm.

I think Jewel is right, the Fae are working a subtle "reconnection" spell on those of us who hear the Call. I'm happy to be here still, happy to see old friends and get better acquainted with new ones. :)

sagitarian

(((alissa))) I wouldn't know about this place at all had it not been for my sis. (for those that are new, Alissa and I are blood related sisters). Years ago, about 3 and a half yrs ago actually, my sister bought me a membership here, and I was very involved (although never did I become a moderator). My sister planted the seed of faery inside me one day while we were talking about tarot and how "disconnected" I felt from tarrot anymore. So I looked it up and started reading this forum. I was hooked, and so off I went to buy my first faery oracle cards. I've bought two decks since that day, due to my first one getting a beer bath at the SCA war...by someone stumbling into my chair (without me in it thank god). Unfortunately, my cotton cloth purse was in my chair and that deck bit it hard. (Drunk faeries everywhere though, lol, gotta love it). So Off I went to buy my second deck and still going strong here too during that time. Posting regularly, adding in my two cents worth when I could and really feeling the fae's magical weave in my life. Then things in my life took a turn. I found out my daughter was in need of surgery, and then my husband fell deathly ill and was in the hospital. My life had spun out of control and I no longer had the time to play with the cards, or do many readings. I strayed away from all magic to put my life back in order again. Now that my husband is home and well, and my daughter has fully recovered from surgery (yet she might need another one done), and we're FINALLY settled in (for the most part) in our new home, I have some time to get back in touch with the fae and my old and new friends here.

Im very glad to see the fae weave their magical spells to bring us together again. They never stop amazing me in their mysterious magical ways.

Sage

Jewel

sagitarian said:
I've bought two decks since that day, due to my first one getting a beer bath at the SCA war...
That first deck ... the one that got drunk ... by any chance do you still have it? There is someone (BabyJo) desperatly looking for a Journeyman card. Her new deck came with 2 Himselfs and no Journeyman. She is in Hong Kong and the shop will not take the deck back and give her a new one. She has tried the pulishers, and they are not helping her either. If your deck is ruined, and you have this card intact, I am sure she would be so very eternally grateful to you.

Jewel

I think those of us who left AT for a while have been a bit schocked when we came back. When we first started this study group, this community was pretty small. Everyone knew everyone, and the comfort level with eachother was (and still is) really established. Then we went away for whatever reasons we had or chose to, and then would occassionally pop in and like Alissa said, felt like we no longer belonged. It was all so big and we no longer knew hardly anyone. That is actually why I dissapeared again.

But now, there is something afoot. Something really good that is bringing us back (so that we will hopefully stay), so that we reconnect, and so that we get to know the wonderful people here. I am grateful for that. I do feel very welcome now, and seeing Alissa and Sage again brings real tears of joy to my eyes. I need to get Faunabay in here, I talk to her pretty regularly but I want her back home too.

If Alissa, Sage and I sound like drivelling idiots, it is because of the connection we have all had with this forum and the poeple in it, and how significant it has been in our lives. It bonded us and others (who will hopefully trickle back).

I have an idea .... see what you guys think ... you know the Traveling Tarot deck? .... what if we do a traveling Faerie deck. I would volunteer my Healing with Fairies for this. Our study group is small enough that we could probably pass around a different fairie deck a year! We could all share the faerie energy together, sign the deck, share our experiences with it, and it could keep us connected. I know the box for the Healing with Fairies would be nice and durable for world travel too!!! What do you guys think? .... (I think the faeries are doing it again, this will be the second Healing with Fairies I send into the world *LOL*:D)

Little Baron

I havn't returned to the deck, but I thought I would return to the group and say 'hello' after all these years.

Jewel, I remember our talks about the faeries very well; and my weird reading which I posted - where the tops of card pictures kind of linked to the bottoms. Remember? I was pretty spooked by that at the time.

But anyhow, best wishes to you all. Glad to see you are all still as dedicated.

LB (or should I say Yaboot, as you would remember me)
x

inanna_tarot

What about fairly new people to the Faeries? Can we join in the party too?

a_shikhs

Its great to see the ol' feary lovers back.. :D

Jewel, Alissa and Sagitarian, when I had newly bought the faeries oracle, I had gone through each and every old thread of yours and it was a great pleasure reading them. Its all because of you guys, that the faeries oracle forum was and is so lively.. :) It was great fun reading all your beautiful fae experiences.

Jewel said:
I have an idea .... see what you guys think ... you know the Traveling Tarot deck? .... what if we do a traveling Faerie deck. I would volunteer my Healing with Fairies for this. Our study group is small enough that we could probably pass around a different fairie deck a year! We could all share the faerie energy together, sign the deck, share our experiences with it, and it could keep us connected. I know the box for the Healing with Fairies would be nice and durable for world travel too!!! What do you guys think? .... (I think the faeries are doing it again, this will be the second Healing with Fairies I send into the world *LOL*:D)

Wowww.. That sounds awesome.. :thumbsup: Can the newbies join in too?? Pretty please.. :D And then we can do readings for each other with the deck.. Brilliant idea Jewel. :)

Jewel

((((Yaboot)))) yes that is how I remember you. But now I know you are LB :D ... perhaps you should come hang out with us for a while. What do you think? I know we all worked pretty hard on that reading. Perhaps we can dig it out of the old threads and rehash it all over again *ROFLMAO* Say you will come by more often!

inanna_tarot said:
What about fairly new people to the Faeries? Can we join in the party too?
Absolutly!!!!!! how are we all going to become connected if we do not hang out?

I never meant the thread to imply exclusion ... Faeries do not allow exclusion you know :p

Jewel

a_shikhs said:
Wowww.. That sounds awesome.. :thumbsup: Can the newbies join in too?? Pretty please.. :D And then we can do readings for each other with the deck.. Brilliant idea Jewel. :)

Ohhhhhhhh of course, the traveling deck idea was to bring all us, old and new together as one big happy family. It was never meant for just the oldies *LOL*. The idea was all about connection between each of us and faeries, and between eachother as well. Whoever has the traveling deck can do what ever they want with it except destroy it or keep it *LOL*. Like the faeries it would have to be a free flowing experience for each person who spent time with it.