faery books

Jewel

I am currently reading a book titled "A Witch's Guide to Faery Folk" by Edain McCoy. I have read the first 3 chapters and like it quite a bit. It has an introduction to Faeries and 3 main sections: (1) All About the Little People; (2) Working with Faery Beings; and (3) A dictionary of Faery Folk of the World (230 Faeries!). If you own the Fairy Ring Oracle you will definetly want this book.

Jewel

truthsayer said:
i found this book on faeries this week. i didn't really want to buy it but if you are at all familiar with fairies sometimes you have to do what they say! LOL i really like what i've read of it so far. there's even exercises to help you get in touch with the faeries. i plan to try a few of these. the name is,"a complete guide to faeries and magical beings" by cassandra eason. the isbn # is 1-57863-267-6 published by weiser books. i highly recommend it.

jewel, are you listening, dear? }) ;)

My copy of this book came in the mail yesterday ~huge grin~ looks really interesting. It is next on my reading list as soon as I am done with the Faery Folk book, which has been quite interesting so far.

faunabay

I think my faeries led me to this site just for you all. I just read this thread for the first time and I had just found this site yesterday. :D

http://www.faery.ws/book.html

rostie

WHAT HAVE I DONE TO MYSELF!!! ooooeh, i want them all, lol :D

Jewel said:
~looks at Rostie all ashamed~ I promise I will get you the list this Monday. I am so sorry it is taking me this long ... shame on me.

shaking head: tsss tsss, yes, shame on you! (;))

:) btw: thank you all for your replies!!!

Jewel

Hey Rostie, the site Faunabay posted has most of the books I own *LOL*. The rest I believe are listed out here between all of us.

darwinia

Re: Faery Magic

Trillium said:
I just bought Faery Magic by Sirona Knight. (snip) Its got all kinds of stuff inside. Including what to plant in your garden if you want to attract and keep the fey happy. Trillium

I would be interested in a synopsis of the plants they talk about in this book. I have a large property with tons of gardens. Are you able to give a brief list of plants please?

Thanks

Genna

Oh,found some more.A VERY beautiful book called "The World of Faeries" by Gossamer Penwyche,with pictureres reminding you of "The Fairy Ring" and Gendron Tarot.Stories with morals about twety-nine fairies(not a fairy-tale book for little kids).I didn´t like that a wicked story about Morgan le Fay,(my favourite) ,was included though.But I do recommend the book.
Now,"How to Catch Fairies" by Gilly Sergiev tells the true story about Morgan le Fay,(but I wouldn´t dare try"catching"fairies,certainly not a Kelpie!).The information on the fairies is very good though.
There also is a very good encyclopedia called "The Book of Faeries" by Francis Melville,with some recommendations on how to make contact too.It is illustrated,fun,and small enough to carry with you.Lots of information there.

Genna

I forgot the novels"The Wood Wife" by Terri Windling(a must read),and the great classic "Little,Big" by John Crowley(a "tarot" deck gotten from the faeries is also involved).
For children and the young at heart;read "A Midsummer Night´s Faery Tale",and "The Winter Child" by Terri Windling and Wendy Froud(she makes wonderful faery-doll illustrations).A lot of "faery" way of thinking in those stories,good for adults too.

Hedera

Some faerie books I like:

Believing in Faeries - a Manual for Grown Ups, by Marcia Zina Mager. Great illustrations, quite poetic, and a lot of useful stuff to do if you want to be more open to the faerie realm.

Fiction: The Infinity Concerto, by Greg Bear. Great story about a boy who is transported to the fairy realm. Not fluffy at all! There is a sequel to it: The Serpent Mage. Not as good as the first book, but still a great read. They are available in one volume, too, which is called Songs of Earth and Power.

:) Hedera.

Jewel

Ohhhh myyyyyy! more treasures ~jots down the names of the books and authors~ thanks guys!!!