3 of Wands - Relationship/love

Lady Iron Side

I did a reading on a relationship for someone but it was secretive relationship to some degree, the person that this relationship has affected was lied to, about the new girlfriend, and he would tell her he wasn't with anyone, not dating, etc. (Single)

I had difficulty in how to read this card - 3 of Wands upright. I would like to what your thought are when this card appears for you. you may post both upright and reversed so then I learn for future reference. thanks

rwcarter

In relationship/love, the first thing that comes to my mind is that the person in question may be waiting for something/someone better and stringing along the Querent until that ship comes in.

Lady Iron Side

In relationship/love, the first thing that comes to my mind is that the person in question may be waiting for something/someone better and stringing along the Querent until that ship comes in.

Thanks You hit right on the money, I needed that insight thanks. I appreciate it.

DrDave

My take
If you love something set it free,if it comes back to you it's yours,if it doesn't it never was
Anyway you are always better off
fill your life with what lights you up

nisaba

On second thoughts, the card might be being literal. Each of the three wands might represent a person.

WalesWoman

In this case it really could be 3 individuals with strong desires all wanting something of a passionate nature, so being wands it would mostly be the passion and fire of sex... there is no love in this card. Atleast not from the guy stringing along two women.

starrystarrynight

Anytime a three comes up for me in a troubled relationship reading, I suspect a third person might be involved.

In the case of the Three of Wands, it often suggests (to me) that the attention to the third person is passion-inspired--more along the line of a sort of "mid-life crisis" for the man (mid-life of the original relationship, not necessarily the man,) who sees the "new and younger version" as someone who stokes his libido in a way that the older, "original" partner no longer does. It's not love-inspired, though the man will often think that it is because he is thinking with his sexual brain, not his emotional one--as people often do when they get turned on by someone new and exciting. And it often takes a long time for the guy to realize that it isn't really love at all...though that does nothing to help the person left behind, unfortunately.