Circle For Unorthodox Readers

LadyZelda

This is a restricted thread; to participate you need to first ask me through a PM.

This circle is meant for “Unorthodox Readers” who do not go “by the book”, “The Open Minded”, “Free Range Readers” not limited to the “feedlot” of traditions; we are the “Free Spirits”, who can’t abide in a box.

If you are a traditionalist or lean toward that side, or if you feel more comfortable well surrounded by the walls of traditions; please, follow this link:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=175185

Lord Ewin started a thread that will be perfect for your needs; you will benefit from it and will feel at ease there.

Moreover, before you register by PM me, you need to know that debates are not allowed in this circle; "only courteous and peaceful discussions done with respect for each other’s views about the Lenormand Oracle cards." Any comment that is about a fellow reader, about “The” way of reading cards (even if it’s about the Lenormand Oracle), about the benefits and/or rightness of the traditional way versus the unorthodox way, etc… "is not allowed to be posted on this thread."

If you have something to say besides giving the meaning of the cards/combinations/or sharing a spread you know about; you will need to do so via PM. And if you have any question regarding the way this circle operates, you will also have to PM me, Thanks :D

Any infraction will be reported to our Moderators. It is not my style to put down “dos and don’ts”, but the experience of starting 2 threads taught me that I cannot start this one any differently.

Our circle meets in this lounge, enjoying a friendly atmosphere, with “a cup of coffee/tea and some cookies”;) to share what we discovered about the meaning of the cards from our personal study; taking full advantage of the exquisite art that the Oracle offers; knowing that “A picture is worth a 1000 words”:) This is the place to let your Intuition free to do the talking!...:D

The goal of this circle is to go over the entire deck, card by card; looking also at card combinations, and dive into diverse spreads beyond the traditional ones; with our own personal creation added on the top of that!;)

We do not have a specific deck with which we all study. Each reader just uses the one of their choice. If you don’t really know which one to pick; you might want to choose the one which art speaks the most to you (at least this is the way I do); especially, as we are not going by “the book”.

I will make “announcements” on this thread to let all members of this circle know about our schedule and the topic of each session.

Thanks for stopping by and if you are interested in being a member of this circle, please remember that registration and/or questions and/or comments are done by PM me. Thanks again, Peace:D

Lady Zelda

Wendywu

Moderator Note

An off topic reply has been removed from the thread.

If you aren't a member of this Circle, joining in its activities, please don't post just to add off topic responses to the thread.

Thank you

Wendywu
co-Moderator

celticnoodle

Thank you, Lady Zelda for starting this thread, and as you requested of me, I will copy and paste my previous thoughts on the first card, the rider. I am using the Mystical Lenormand Oracle Cards for this thread.

Rider. The man in this picture seems to be in somewhat of a hurry to get someplace, and I generally see anyone on a horse galloping away as a card of travel. it can also be a message to be delivered. the rider is dressed in armor but I don't see any weapon, so I do not get the feeling of going to battle.

He also seems to be a bit oblivious of the danger, as there is a snake there on the ground who even seems posed to strike at him. Riding a unicorn in my deck, (using the Mystical Lenormand btw), I'd say that this card bodes good will over all. I also recall how the unicorn can have spiritual meanings so perhaps this card is speaking of messages that are spiritual in some sense? Or a trip somewhere that would be spiritually related even.

Perhaps I should just leave it at a good message and/or a trip somewhere pleasant. The snake at the bottom of the card however does worry me, so it may be that the news to be delivered and the trip is somewhat unplanned, and or the messenger is unsure how it will be recieved.

Empath111

The Rider

Thanks LZ for organizing this! Looking forward to it:) Here's what I wrote up too in the other thread about The Rider
My view of the Rider:
Well, "folly" comes to mind, but then I see that snake in their path...but no one (horse or rider) seems to notice the snake. the snake also looks like it's hissing at them. But they are on their merry way.

Health: Nothing serious because it was caught quick. Otherwise could have been worse. (looking at that snake)

Financial: On your way to getting better.

Love: new, fresh - maybe like a crush. Nothing serious yet. Fun and light. Exciting but in a giddy (versus sexual) way.

Career: moving along steadily. Keep on your toes..don't want to get bit by that snake. Even though you could crush him It could hold you back some. OR - don't get caught up in "doing what it takes" to climb that ladder. Stay true to yourself and get it by effort and you will be successful.

General meaning: Movement. Folly. Light. Keep on alert as you go your merry way for small setbacks. new beginnings. fresh and easy-going.

LadyZelda

Thanks Celticnoodle & Empath for your insights on The Rider. You both made very good points!:)

I agree with the idea of the snake reminding us about caution without being allarmed and the Unicorn reminding of a new/info/trip related to the spiritual like a spiritual retreat, info on a spiritual journey, or seminar, etc....these are interesting details shown in the Mystical Lenormand and not in other decks. Which led me to get my Mystical out and look at both the Carta Mundi and The Mystical;) Thank you both for the inspiration :D

So now here is what I've got from my study of The Rider:

General meaning:

Getting news about a certain matter, movement, going places, someone that is not close by pay a visit, news from afar, advancement, new horizons, changes, going further with a project. Leaving our comfort zone to adventure toward the unknown. News, info about a current project. Sense of fast action, quickness of events.

The carta mundi:

The rider seems to look around admiring the landscape, he left “the world” behind (there is a castle in the back) going on an “adventurous” path. He is riding in a peaceful manner. For me this gives the message that while we are on “our way” toward a certain goal, whether it is about increasing our knowledge, “climbing the ladder” regarding our career or our life in general, whatever we are trying to accomplished, we should enjoy ourselves while doing so. Being determined doesn’t mean we can’t have pleasure at the same time. This card is about news and communication and the attitude of the Rider seem to say “observe, pay attention, to the context of this news, or situation.”

The Mystical Lenormand:

Shows a variety of landscape, mountain, green valley, and a snake kind of disturbing the peace of this green valley as it is ready to bite. All this reminds me that nothing in life is black or white. A rose is pretty and a pleasure to behold but also has thorns so we have to know how to handle it if we don’t want to get hurt, that we should be prepared for whatever comes out (green valley, mountain or snake).

Nonetheless, as the main meaning of the card is positive; I believe that it is the cards combination that will determine if we deal with a mountain, valley or snake and also if we are the herald or the recipient.

The mountain: resistance, the message will not be well received or will be seen as an obstacle, could cause a communication blockage with the recipient

The green valley: acceptance, the news/info/message will be welcome and positively received and will bear fruits.

The snake ready to bite: negative reactions or negative results from the message, such as causing pain, strife and division, turning into gossips, or the truth of this message being twisted into lies, or would be taken as an offense creating a desire to retaliate.

The symbol of Mercury (right upper corner) speaks of: intellect, communication and understanding and the symbol of this planet advises us to use our head, to do not jump into conclusions but to analyze and understand that news/info/message/journey. Or that we will get a better understanding of the situation, or a news/info/message will clarify a situation.

The helmet that the rider wears also adds on to this idea “to keep watch over thoughts and mind concerning that news/info/message/journey; to think everything through. To think about the big picture, to think on a higher level not to get stuck with a too much down to earth, can’t see further than my nose attitude, (his helmet has wings)

The rider looks focused and peaceful. This is the attitude we should have. It tells us to keep our composure, to hold on to our peace, to do not dread nor fear, to be confident, whatever the nature of this news/info/message/journey.

The unicorn tells us to draw into our inner power and that whatever it is we have what it takes to turn the table on our favor. Magic is there if we only believe. Also that we hold the reins, just like this rider does; we are in charge, it is a call for action, to make things happen. A time when what we have planned is now taking place, a project went from thoughts/idea to action, practice.

Much more than the Carta Mundi or GDR, the Mystical pictures the sense of “speed”, “quickness”, that is linked to this card as the timing is supposed to be within 2 days, fast. The Unicorn galloping, the cape of the rider flying, as well as the wings on the helmet also speak of speed. Whatever it is will come very quickly. It gives also a sense of importance, urgency, whatever it is needs to be done.

Health:

News/info about health state. Receiving news/info about a treatment from another country or that will come from someone that is not from the medical staff that one is dealing with. Taking charge of a health problem; advice not to fear or dread whatever health problem, to open communication about what is going on. Quick recovery.

Financial:

News about financial project, application, and investment Improvement, things start to be more active. Taking charge of finances going further, being ready to move around, to go get the money where it is. Money coming quickly.

Love:

New encounter, romantic partner, evolution, quickly fall in love, adventurous relationship, going forward, taking action. Advice to be aware of ups and downs, news/info about a lover, or a lover that is not from one's close circle, someone not living close by.

Career:

News/info about a job, getting a message about a job application. Going further, news about advancement, things are progressing, job that includes going from place to place, a traveling salesman, outdoor job, job with animals. Whatever it is comes fast.

annie27

This is a restricted thread; to participate you need to first ask me through a PM.

This circle is meant for “Unorthodox Readers” who do not go “by the book”, “The Open Minded”, “Free Range Readers” not limited to the “feedlot” of traditions; we are the “Free Spirits”, who can’t abide in a box.

If you are a traditionalist or lean toward that side, or if you feel more comfortable well surrounded by the walls of traditions; please, follow this link:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=175185

Lord Ewin started a thread that will be perfect for your needs; you will benefit from it and will feel at ease there.

Moreover, before you register by PM me, you need to know that debates are not allowed in this circle; "only courteous and peaceful discussions done with respect for each other’s views about the Lenormand Oracle cards." Any comment that is about a fellow reader, about “The” way of reading cards (even if it’s about the Lenormand Oracle), about the benefits and/or rightness of the traditional way versus the unorthodox way, etc… "is not allowed to be posted on this thread."

If you have something to say besides giving the meaning of the cards/combinations/or sharing a spread you know about; you will need to do so via PM. And if you have any question regarding the way this circle operates, you will also have to PM me, Thanks :D

Any infraction will be reported to our Moderators. It is not my style to put down “dos and don’ts”, but the experience of starting 2 threads taught me that I cannot start this one any differently.

Our circle meets in this lounge, enjoying a friendly atmosphere, with “a cup of coffee/tea and some cookies”;) to share what we discovered about the meaning of the cards from our personal study; taking full advantage of the exquisite art that the Oracle offers; knowing that “A picture is worth a 1000 words”:) This is the place to let your Intuition free to do the talking!...:D

The goal of this circle is to go over the entire deck, card by card; looking also at card combinations, and dive into diverse spreads beyond the traditional ones; with our own personal creation added on the top of that!;)

We do not have a specific deck with which we all study. Each reader just uses the one of their choice. If you don’t really know which one to pick; you might want to choose the one which art speaks the most to you (at least this is the way I do); especially, as we are not going by “the book”.

I will make “announcements” on this thread to let all members of this circle know about our schedule and the topic of each session.

Thanks for stopping by and if you are interested in being a member of this circle, please remember that registration and/or questions and/or comments are done by PM me. Thanks again, Peace:D

Lady Zelda

I would like to participate. Please direct as how to do so. Thanks

LadyZelda

Announcement For Our Next Session

For our next session we'll be studying the Rider's combination with all the other cards.

You can post the fruits of your personal study anytime, starting Saturday 5th and we'll discuss about it during the following days.

Empath111

For our next session we'll be studying the Rider's combination with all the other cards.

You can post the fruits of your personal study anytime, starting Saturday 5th and we'll discuss about it during the following days.

Hi LZ!
I have a question. So we are posting all of the combos for the next study? Just making sure :)
ETA: In other words..my next post should include the Rider combined with each card?

LadyZelda

Hi LZ!
I have a question. So we are posting all of the combos for the next study? Just making sure :)
ETA: In other words..my next post should include the Rider combined with each card?

Yep!;) you do Rider/Clover, Rider/Ship, Rider/House, etc...till the last card of the deck.

Do only the meaning "Rider with" like Rider/Clover but don't study "Clover/Rider" as this will be done when we study The Clover...

Give as many possibilities as you can come up with knowing that one possibility won't cover all the possible meanings for all readings. That is why, in the end, I have found books and courses kind of useless for the combinations. Combinations do not narrow down to "1 set of meaning fits it all", it has to be customized with the subject of your reading (this being true especially when you do not do a "general" reading; by "general" I mean the readings you do without a particular question, or theme in mind).

For example, recently I've done a reading that had nothing to do with "love". One of the combinations was:

Key + Heart So inavitably books and courses were aiming at "a love situation" and were giving:

"soul mate, spiritual love, karmic relationship"

The other source said:

"New/old love will definitely appear"

Therefore, that was completely inaccurate for my reading as my inquiry had nothing to do with love...

That is why, we can't rely on a "typical" meaning, we have to work with our own reading. Thus, we probably won't be able to post an "exhaustive" list of "all" the possibilities for "all" the readings that we would do; but we will have as many as we can discover ;)

Happy study :)

Empath111

Yep!;) you do Rider/Clover, Rider/Ship, Rider/House, etc...till the last card of the deck.

Do only the meaning "Rider with" like Rider/Clover but don't study "Clover/Rider" as this will be done when we study The Clover...

Give as many possibilities as you can come up with knowing that one possibility won't cover all the possible meanings for all readings. That is why, in the end, I have found books and courses kind of useless for the combinations. Combinations do not narrow down to "1 set of meaning fits it all", it has to be customized with the subject of your reading (this being true especially when you do not do a "general" reading; by "general" I mean the readings you do without a particular question, or theme in mind).

For example, recently I've done a reading that had nothing to do with "love". One of the combinations was:

Key + Heart So inavitably books and courses were aiming at "a love situation" and were giving:

"soul mate, spiritual love, karmic relationship"

The other source said:

"New/old love will definitely appear"

Therefore, that was completely inaccurate for my reading as my inquiry had nothing to do with love...

That is why, we can't rely on a "typical" meaning, we have to work with our own reading. Thus, we probably won't be able to post an "exhaustive" list of "all" the possibilities for "all" the readings that we would do; but we will have as many as we can discover ;)

Happy study :)

Gotcha;) And thank you for the examples too!