Reading discussion/feedback thread

Ronia

No, I got the news yesterday but it may have happened then... I don't know what else to think. And no, Velntine's day was just a regular day, I wasn't thinking much about anything, spent it with my son as usual.

214red

No, I got the news yesterday but it may have happened then... I don't know what else to think. And no, Velntine's day was just a regular day, I wasn't thinking much about anything, spent it with my son as usual.

the only other thing i can think of is the rider is your son, did you do anything that could have linked to the paths+ring

halil

To Moira

deleted

214red

Your system is intriguing. Just looking at the cards, I'd likely have come up with something different - there are things that need to be addressed, but the basis of a relationship would be friendship, trust and loyalty, with the possibility for a commitment, maybe even marriage.

In your system, how did you know to stop reducing the numbers at the scythe? Why not break 10 down to 1 - the rider? The same could be done with the combinations - the book would become the coffin, the lilies the ship, and the scythe would be the rider.

interesting, i would see the scythe as suddenly, and the rider confirming that.

birds fox dog path ring
I think i would have seen the spread more about the decision to change from friendship into a commited relationship, the dog being the centre card of friendship, birds//ring could be worries or conversation about commitment, the fox might be that he will need time contemplate that, but i couldnt see it being bad, but also i dont see that it answer the question about being happy or not, just that there will be a discussion and likely it will lead to commitment, but nothing for the outcome of that

214red

That's kind of how I saw things too. There are some problems that may or may not be surmountable. They're mostly on his side and he does need time to contemplate. We have had a lot of conversations and there are worries on both our sides. The rider seems to be a theme in my spreads lately. To change a friendship into a committed relationship, I assume happiness would be involved. It is a happy friendship (albeit a bit stressed right now), so the cards could just be advising to look at how things are now. What would be add to the relationship? Is that what's missing? Is it causing happiness/unhappiness now? Or they could just be saying try it and see. There's no harm and things just might work out.

I dont always see going from friendship to commited relationship as happy, it sometimes brings other things out that as a friend you wouldnt have seen, saying that i dont see any card to say it couldnt be, but i dont think the cards are telling you yes or now which is what you asked. also once you go into a relationship the goal posts change and sometimes you cant go back to friends, its not always a two way street, things change.

MK is right in that you asked a yes/no question and if the scythe is the answer to that its likely a no, and the rider can bring good news but also can be very fickle as a person.

I am not sure the decision is in your hands to be honest, the fox here is looking after their own interests, fox//path would lead me to beleive he would have to make the decision so therefore its out of your hands really.

214red

I agree completely. I honestly don't know if we'd be happy or if things would work. We're happy as friends, but a lot would change and who knows if we'd be happy. There would be a lot of things to address. I think if we did decide to pursue things, it would take a lot of time before a committed relationship would be feasible. I also know the decision isn't in my hands. I tried to make a decision and got a very loud cosmic message that it wasn't mine to make. I think if I tried to make it again, a bird will literally poop on my head.

lol @the bird thing!

perhaps you need to reword the question the next time you ask the question, perhaps something like ' what would be the outcome for me, of persuing a commited relationship with x' or ' what should i do about my relationship with x?'

Looking at MKs reading i can see why she said no, and the scythe can go either way...it might go round in circles until you decide to cut it (scythe)

lord_ewin

MK is right in that you asked a yes/no question and if the scythe is the answer to that its likely a no, and the rider can bring good news but also can be very fickle as a person.

I am not sure the decision is in your hands to be honest, the fox here is looking after their own interests, fox//path would lead me to beleive he would have to make the decision so therefore its out of your hands really.

Before you both go too far on this, there is no scythe in the spread that MK had done... There is an assumed scythe by adding numerical values. The cards themselves were:

Birds - Fox - Dog - Path - Ring

The question aught to be answered with these only. Personally, I hate Y/N spreads, but this one seems positive.

214red

Before you both go too far on this, there is no scythe in the spread that MK had done... There is an assumed scythe by adding numerical values. The cards themselves were:

Birds - Fox - Dog - Path - Ring

The question aught to be answered with these only. Personally, I hate Y/N spreads, but this one seems positive.

yes we know its an assumed scythe, but we are also looking at MKs perspective to see why she said it was a no, and she wanted to read it with a scythe so i think it counts.

y/n are not always good, i like a simple 1 card for that and gauge if its postive or not from that. if she asked if there would be a commited relationship at the end i would have said its a yes.
how does it tip to postive for you LE? i am simply curious as always!