TGC The Game Crafter and Shipping costs

desertrat

Hello again,

@desertrat : yes 15$ IS expensive, as starlightexp pointed out, one can send a deck for around 7$, especially when there are companies out there that do shipping for free for tarot decks, reducing the deck price is not an option most of the time as the creator margin is quite shallow when using the gamecrafter (even when one is bulk ordering, although it's not that bad).

Well now I'm upset at having to spend $18 for shipping from Alida. :(

ETA: Well, not very upset - I really wanted the deck and I'm happy to possess it now. :)

Bertrand

Well now I'm upset at having to spend $18 for shipping from Alida. :(

ETA: Well, not very upset - I really wanted the deck and I'm happy to possess it now. :)
Sure ! I also sometimes pay that kind of huge shipping costs because I'm so happy to get the deck or book I've been really looking for and need, but for other potential purchases, the excessive shipping cost is really what makes me choose not to buy - which in the case of TGC isn't good for deck creators, customers who don't get those wonderful decks, and TGC itself as they are loosing money too !

HudsonGray

Back last year I included a link to this site's discussion when I contacted TGC and the guy actually did come over here to read it and say a few things.

I wonder if it's worth nudging them again? Anyone can email the company, tell them there's still a HUGE discussion going on over the shipping costs, and give a link to this series of posts.

I, also, have no clue why they can't use smaller STANDARD SIZE shipping boxes. It's not that difficult and they do move small items in other categories, there is no reason to not carry 'one more' standardized box.

Winterchild

Back last year I included a link to this site's discussion when I contacted TGC and the guy actually did come over here to read it and say a few things.

I wonder if it's worth nudging them again? Anyone can email the company, tell them there's still a HUGE discussion going on over the shipping costs, and give a link to this series of posts.

I, also, have no clue why they can't use smaller STANDARD SIZE shipping boxes. It's not that difficult and they do move small items in other categories, there is no reason to not carry 'one more' standardized box.

Good idea.....

I had ro cancel an order once through Abe when one seller was chargng me 24 bucks shipping (US to NZ) for each item!!!! he refused to even discuss it... so that was that. Amazon is expensive for airmail too, but if you want something fast they are excellent. here is NZ we have Fishpond for books and new decks etc, they advertise free shipping but they use a very slow service, the stuff takes weeks and weeks to reach you.

Are the charges for International shipping different from different states in the US?

gregory

Yes international is way more than within the US. And if you can get together with 2 mates and if they would ONLY use the small standard boxes, you can get THREE in there; I know this, as three were once sent to me in one, by a friend. Several of us specifically suggested those small standard boxes n the last thread, but they said they use some kind of automated system and those don't come up. WTF ?

abe is annoying that way too - I wanted to buy three books (a set) from one seller and they said there was no way they could combine postage - which leaves it cheaper for me to buy NEW from bookdepository - 3 packets again - but no postage at all... I don't get it !

Winterchild

Abe

Yes Abe was the seller who wanted 24 bucks per item (just standard paperbacks)....

I wondered though as there seem to be so very many different charges from the US if different states have different rates for posting internationally? I got a deck from someone in the US posted first class to me in NZ within 6 days and it cost under 5 bucks... this was a deck and book set too! Yet others have had way ore than that amount quoted! Like the cards from Mystic... same size or a bit smaller and they cost 16 dollars!!

You are right Gregory... *CRAZY*!! Are you in the UK or the US?

gregory

UK just now; Canada about half the time.

If an individual mails to you, they seem to be able to discuss it and get a sensible rate. Why some companies can't....

HudsonGray

Are the charges for International shipping different from different states in the US?

No, the overseas charges are all the same across the country. I've sent a deck to Australia and another to New Zealand and it was $6 in a padded envelope. Every state has the same fees at the post office for around the world.

It's all based on size and weight.

tarotlyn

No, the overseas charges are all the same across the country. I've sent a deck to Australia and another to New Zealand and it was $6 in a padded envelope. Every state has the same fees at the post office for around the world.

:heart::) Thank you for that information, HudsonGray, as i am trying to figure out rates
from the USA to other countries...
This is good to know...and where did you purchase your 'padded envelope'? At a USPS post office?

So you are saying that if an item is shipped from California (to England, for example) it is
the 'same' price for a 'padded envelope' (with a deck) as it would be if shipped from Texas, or
even New York (going to England)? Right? Because when i went on the usps site today and
tried to use their shipping calculator, i couldn't without someone's zip code.

:heart: Lyn

Winterchild

Very useful thanks HudsonGray..... I wondered why people have so many different charges when a tarot deck is usually a pretty standard size......