Tarotphobia: How do we feel about it, what do we do about it

direwolf336

Queen of the moon said:
Now seriously...I think we do not harm anybody so people should leave us with our cards. I understand that there are people that do not like it and never would have a reading but attacking seems to me like going back to the middle ages looking for witches to burn. We also respect them, they should respect us. Peace :)

Yes, this is what I was trying to say in one of my post that I would not go up to someone reading something I found offensive or didn't agree with ,and make a comment. It wouldn't even cross my mind....So, of course, I respect that same courtesy and yes, I agree that this behavior is still putting Tarot cards in the "dark ages"...I have had a few people at my work comment on my cards being bad "voodoo" and devil cards....Now they were jesting with me, but when I tried to explain the truth of these cards, they got that skeptical look in their eyes and didn't believe me.
Some of the post are talking about people putting away their cards if someone ask them to or if they are making someone feel uncomfortable and I understand that most people would rather oblige then getting into a debate or confrontation. Of course, there may times when that is exactly what the appropriate thing to do is....But there are those times when perhaps we need to step up and explain a few realistic items about the cards...Even though I knew those guys at work were just messing with me, I decided to explain to them the truth....Even though it didn't get anywhere with them, I still found it the right thing to do because I didn't want to give the impression that I was ashamed or they were right... By doing that, we are still leaving the Tarot in the "dark ages"

Seafra

Well -- you've got your Tarotphobia, you've got your Mormonophobia, you've got your Scientologophobia, you've got your 7thDayAdvocistophobia ...

Life and let live and try to keep it all as peaceful as possible.