Knight of Swords as romantic feelings for other person?

Frannie

I had this card come up in the position of X's romantic feelings for someone... and I am not quite sure about it's meaning. I thought it may mean that X feels mentally attracted to this person, but not so much emotionally. That seems strange since the 2 of cups showed up as X's feelings for this person too... I'm a little confused, could somebody shed some light in this? thanks.

rcb30872

I am not entirely sure if that is right. I mean, look at the Knight of Swords, he can be quite quick, can be a bit of a flash in the pan thing, but I am not entirely sure. I wouldn't mind hazarding a guess that his feelings for the person is "changeable" like one minute he might really like them, and the next he might dislike them, all according to what his mood is like and what the other person has or hasn't done. He might be angered by the other person, who knows?

Eddie

I'm a little confused by your wording more than anything.
So, X's feelings for Y= knight of swords and Y feelings for X= 2 cups, have i got this right?

rcb30872

No, I think it means Knight of Swords and the 2 of Cups for how person X feels, Eddie. I could be wrong, but that is how it sounds.

If that is the case, because I missed that, then it might just indicate that person X has had a "sudden" change to their feelings for the other person.

Frannie

Thank you Eddie, I realized my posting was confusing. It is how a person feel about the other :)

balenciaga

knight of sw

It strikes me as the feelings are more of an intellectual - communication connection. Like banter, teasing. As if the attraction is based on this type of exchange.

Eddie

OK if X feelings are knight of swords and 2 cups toward say Y then I'd say X is about to take action on how they feel about Y, they are showing eagerness, bravery and maybe a little too much speed, maybe a little too fast for Y.
In any case X's actions are about to storm in and bring very swift changes. If change is whats required then this knight is a welcome sight. If however Y is quite happy with the way things are then this knight could cause a few problems with its swiftness.
Am I making sense?
I'd say X is ready for action and they are going for it, watch out Y!!!!...lol

Frannie

Sure Eddie, you made a lot of sense, as so did belenciaga and rcb30872. I don't know, but I'm getting to the conclusion that X's feelings are strong and stormy, passionate to an extreme, and X's feelings are pretty much influenced by it's mind, maybe thinking a lot about the other person?

Thirteen

Frannie said:
Sure Eddie, you made a lot of sense, as so did belenciaga and rcb30872. I don't know, but I'm getting to the conclusion that X's feelings are strong and stormy, passionate to an extreme, and X's feelings are pretty much influenced by it's mind, maybe thinking a lot about the other person?
Not quite. The card isn't in the position of "What does this person think about X" or "how will this person act toward X" or even "How does this person feel toward X?"--which could be anything, love, hate, disinterest, mental curiosity.... It's about ROMANTIC feelings, so the question really is "What are this person's romantic feelings about X?" Are they very romantic, not romantic at all, passionately romantic, coolly romantic...?

This card's position is a dial, a gauge of romantic interest. 1 to 78 (cards) how and what type of ROMANTIC interest does Y have in X?

Knight/Swords indicates cool, calculating, changeable and impatient romantic feelings--they're not passionate, they're not loving, they're not, perhaps, even sexual. These aren't necessarily unfavorable, but unless X and Y are already involved as a couple, I'd guess that this person doesn't have strong romantic emotions toward X. Y might feel other things toward X--friendship perhaps--but we'd need to see another card answering the question "What DOES Y feel toward X?" to answer that. This position is JUST Romantic Feelings. See?

Putting it another way, if you're reading about someone who you're interested in, wanting to know if they have a spark of romantic feeling about you, that they don't see you as "a friend"--then I'd say that you didn't get the most positive response. You asked the cards, "Does he like me?" and they said, "He only likes to talk to you." It looks like this person is more in love with having conversations with you than he is "in love" with you.

It's all in that "romantic feelings" position. On the other side you've got 2/Cups, so "X's" romantic feelings for Y are much more "romantic." X can't keep their eyes off Y. They're a bit besotted.

clarity

Frannie said:
but I'm getting to the conclusion that X's feelings are strong and stormy, passionate to an extreme, and X's feelings are pretty much influenced by it's mind, maybe thinking a lot about the other person?

From these 2 cards, I'm not sure where you get passionate to the extreme....? I just don't see it.